Help

Forum >> Help >> Scouting accuracy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've not seen this before.

This week's update I had a player drop from 8 to 7 in hitting. Rodolfo Guerrero is a AA OF/C prospect with great range and arm. He has no scouting report for hitting.

My question is: does this drop in hitting mean he is now topped out at 7 or will he continue to improve that skill. I suspect it's the former and I'm not too excited to have a 7 hitter even with that arm.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Player in question

With no Hitting-related info in the scouting report, the player's value for that field could be 7 to 13, thus there's a chance that it won't increase as it's in that range. Will it go up again? Maybe someone with more experience than me can chime in. I've only seen drops in Fielding/Range/Arm, which are "static" values for the most part (unless over- or underscouted). The Hitting value isn't static like those, so I don't know if it can/will increase again. Is it an overscout of current Hitting that still has a chance to increase later or a correction indicative of long-term non-growth in that stat?

Anyone else?

Updated Friday, July 21 2017 @ 4:32:59 pm PDT
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On Game Manual

- Scouted Skill Values vs. Real Skill Values

So are there skill values displayed for each player accurate? Just as in real baseball, where there is some uncertainty about a player's talent level, in Broken Bat there is also built-in uncertainty in displayed skill levels. The visible skill values for each player are an approximation of his current actual skill level and may deviate by up to 20% from it true value for some skills. Additionally, just like in real baseball, as a player plays more games, his displayed skill value will approach his true current skill level. Note, this may result in a player's displayed skill level actually dropping, even though he is receiving regular training and playing time. His skill value is not actually dropping, but because his actual skill level is better known now, a more accurate and lower value is now displayed.

On the other word, it just means you have more accurate view on him. No problem on his training I think. Hitting skill will rise up on few updates if he has more room for it, or stuck if not.

Updated Friday, July 21 2017 @ 9:04:52 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Generally you only see scout sharping happening if skills aren't really improving anymore. He is likely capped, although its still possible for him to raise to 8.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in the minority here i guess, i have seen skills drop before for me on people improving in a number of areas (though not yet hitting). So i think he might jump back up to 8, maybe even 9 or 10 (i would expect a miracle run to 12 though). The real question for me is at one point is this player's value defensively as an Of even worth playing time. I'd be scared of him getting full games due to injuries early in a series, and going off for a .550-.650 ops type season repeatedly.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You've seen a skill drop and then raise multiple points in future training updates?
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen a lot of strange things happen with talent in the minors. best part about rebuilding two squads in the course of my two years in this game from scratch.

Previous Page | Show All |