Help

Forum >> Help >> Closer Advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My closer for the first half of the season was looking very good. With the new system he got elected to be an all-star! But he's been in a funk for a while now... he seems to be giving up runs almost every time he's put in to close...

Should I keep him as my closer and just let him work through this funk? Or should I drop him into middle relief and give someone else shot?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Are you talking about: Josue Granados

I think it might be too early to tell. He was young and pretty erratic last season. His control was bad. This season his numbers look much improved. His scouting report looks impressive, except his control ain't great.

So perhaps he's still developing.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, that is exactly who I was talking about, Steve. And I agree with all of your points, which is why I am so unsure of what the best course of action would be... The thing that puts me even more of the fence is that I think I have a relatively decent chance of advancing this year...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you have another prospective closer (or you can play without one), you could move this pitcher to some less important role (i.e. long reliever) and see how he does with a few more innings of work.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Solid advice, Steve. I think that's what I am going to do. Hopefully (fingers crossed!) he turns back around with some long relief work and everything will be fine!
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you relinquish a team?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you stop logging in, your team will automatically be reliquished after some time.

If you'd like a different team, you can just e-mail the team number of the bot team you'd like to take over. Or if you'd like, I can just select a "good" team for you to take over.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |