Help

Forum >> Help >> Something wrong with this guy?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm going with your suggestions and giving him a chance to grow. I've got the room in my system to give him a chance.

Thanks
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some guys just don't train for crap.

Crash Caldwell

I was totally happy when I drafted him, have followed all the recommendations, he's playing 100+ games per year, 250+ at bats, and been under the tutelage of 'excellent player training' managers his whole career..

...and he's training at 5 points per year. He may never hit a 13 pot max, let alone 14.

Updated Thursday, June 22 2017 @ 11:25:27 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@ wickersty

His hitting stat is probably the biggest concern. 5 seems a long way from 15-17 at AA. It is moving good on his development graph.

I have a player that started at 0 hit in rookie ball, and was at 6 going into his 2nd year of AA. He finished at 17. Not typically, but the distance can be made up.

Caballero hasn't had much spring training exposure. That can help quite a bit.

A shame he doesn't have a better defensive profile, but I would still be optimistic about him.

@ Occham
Caldwell's power on his development graph is really sluggish. Odd considering the gap between his current and (presumed) potential.

Even so, I'd probably have him at AA if that's where he wants to be.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Caldwell has gained 13 SI in 2.5 seasons, including 4 already this season, I'd say he's doing fine. Like Seca said he should be in AA though.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you guys think there's any hope for this guy?http://brokenbat.org/player/134344

Will his hr's against improve a lot?

Updated Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 6:59:10 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe a little, but he has historically given up a lot of HRs, so I wouldn't expect a drastic improvement. A POT 12 who can "throw all day" is generally not a great build. He should continue to improve at a rapid rate over the next year and you will have a better idea what he will be like. He will definitely get his ERA down into single digits. He is a border line guy. If you are lucky, and his movement grows enough (it is growing fast right now), he could be a useful pitcher (ERA in the high 4s).
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Deuce
I agree with Rock that 12 pot with 'throw all day' is not a perfect build, but you need some innings eaters in your rotation anyway. Good material for #4 or #5 rotation pitcher. I think you threw him into deep waters though by giving him starts this year. It depends a lot on your goals, if you are rebuilding and can eat his 0-10 record, it's fine, he will develop faster. I would give him LR role first and see how he does, how fast he develops, and put him in rotation from next season when he will not get knocked around so badly.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock.. I tend to agree with your assessment. I think his build is fairly good for a 12 with a throw all day comment. I'll give him a little more time i guess and see how things go.

@Endrju..Yes, I'm in a total rebuild and this season is all about developing some young guys. These guys aren't even the rebuild guys but almost entirely waiver claims, so i'll have to do this again in a few seasons....hopefully not to the same degree. My minors are finally looking promising although we still need better starters, just like everyone i guess.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this season is all about developing some young guys.
Then give him starts and don't worry about W-L record :) It should pay off.
He actually reminds me a lot of my #4 O'Reilly, 12 potential, ok scouting report but nothing too fancy. He got called up at 23 with ~70 SI, which is less than your guy has. I was not rebuilding at the time so he was stuck in LR. Pitched 1 and 3/4 seasons as LR with good results, gaining 25 SI and then became a starter. He's not the type that opposing teams fear, but still eats ~200 innings per year with ~4.00 ERA, and that's all I ask.

Updated Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 9:27:54 am PDT
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hopefully he show's some improvement in the games soon..lol Today's line..

2⅔. 8. 5. 5. 1. 0. 0. 1. 2.

Previous Page | Show All |