Help

Forum >> Help >> Would you keep him if you owned my team? Details provided.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys,

A couple notes to set up this scenario. I'm new to the game, and I was assigned this team before this season. One of the first moves I made, while learning how everything worked, was to pick up Carneglia from the Waiver Wire. I was in love with his Hitting and Plate Discipline stats (still am), didn't mind his low power, and thought his Bat Control was decent enough. I thought he would make for an overall great addition to the historically bad club I'd just taken over.

That all said, over the course of the offseason and this season, I've made some tangible improvements to the club (in my opinion) and we're now doing better this year than the club has done for a long time.

However, I'm always looking for whatever my weakest point might be, and I've been stuck thinking about this guy for about a week now.

Here's how I see it:

PROS:
His attributes

CONS:
His salary
His horrendous defense
His age
His underperforming season

So here's the question:

What would you do with him at this point, given I own a LL6 team that is having a great year (compared to recent history) and given that he has a rather high salary?

Thanks for the advice and discussion!

Jeff
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd cut him, your cons far outweigh the pro. To add to the list, next season he will decline more, so even if you put up with rather average LL VI stats and promote, he will not be helpful next season in LL V. I have gotten those numbers out of rookies before... just saying.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with newt, throw a young player in his place. Just one thing to add - his defence doesn't matter if he's playing DH ;) He's actually a first time I see a guy play DH for so long, that he forgot all of his previous positions.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd agree. Your DH should be giving you a much higher OPS. Or be used by a youngster in training.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks all. He's been given his papers. Maybe there' s a team out there that could use him in some way for a playoff push, off the bench or something.

Appreciate the help!

Jeff

Previous Page | Show All |