Help

Forum >> Help >> Trouble Stealing Bases   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/113848 Keith Decker here is actually performing better than I expected him to when I picked him I was simply desperate for middle infielders. He has 20 speed so he has the ++ for stealing bases as do Sagawa and Montero. But while they have a few bases stolen, Decker has only 4 attempts and was caught every time. This isnt really a problem but Im just curious if there are other factors other than speed.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players have hidden traits. We don't know for sure what they are, but its pretty well accepted that steal aggressiveness is one of the traits. Some guys will attempt to steal more than others. If you get a fast guy that likes to steal, then you have a nice combo. I always set all my guys in the minors to ++ for base stealing. That way you can identify which guys have the trait early on.

Speed is also used just for things like getting on base (beating the throw), getting extra base hits, and getting home from second on base hits. So speed still has utility even if a guy doesn't have the base stealing trait.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Stupid question. What do you mean when you say: "I always set all my guys in the minors to ++ for base stealing."

Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you go to Management and select Spring Training, you can choose settings of minor league players also. I don't think Steve officially confirmed this, so it's a BB axiom, but those settings apply not only during ST, but also in the minors.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think only some of the settings really apply. But stealing is definitely one of those.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, really like the new logo.

Previous Page | Show All |