Help

Forum >> Help >> What's a hitting-neutral distance for fences?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
In 2031 it seems like my team as a whole hit much better at home than on the road. Additionally, my pitchers pitched worse at home.

The natural conclusion, in my opinion, is that my ballpark is a hitters' park. Except that when I went to adjust my fences this offseason, I found that they were already basically in the middle. Looking around, it seemed like many teams in the league even had shorter fences. So, what does a neutral park look like?

Current measurements are 330-375-400-375-330 at 10' tall all around.

Updated Tuesday, May 9 2017 @ 11:37:05 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Your walls are a little short. Good if you have more bullet power than your opponents. If you have more bombers I'd got with higher walls.
cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I run 320 - 370 - 405 - 380 - 320... with 8' walls.

My starting line-up hit between 18-28 dingers each. I don't have many South Paws or Switchies... so I have my right field fence a little further out than my left field.

Since we are only getting pitching average stats vs LHP/RHP & batting average stats vs LHP/RHP as well as batting averages at home & away it makes it difficult to get exact numbers on the dingers you give up or get at home. Unless I have been missing some information here and there, which could be a possibility since I don't always pay attention to what is happening within the forums.

Currently we can't even get the actual split numbers against the LHP/RHPs so it does make it tough to determine the actual number of dingers you are giving up or getting at home/away or vs LHP/RHP.

But with the information we do get, there is more than enough stats to put together the batting line-ups using basic Sabremetrics.

Charley
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
To follow up on this, I raised my fences by two feet all around, and the park was a bit of a pitchers' park this season. My hitters overall hit noticeably better on the road, and my pitchers played a smidge better at home.

I'm trying to decide between leaving it alone next season or lowering the centerfield wall back down to 10'.

Updated Thursday, July 20 2017 @ 5:32:08 pm PDT
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I heard that lefty righty doesnt make a difference according to which side of the field theyre hitting.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One person claimed that, but Steve has never confirmed nor denied that hypothesis.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got as close to the oldcTigers Stadium as possible:

340'- 365'- 415' - 370' - 325'

12' 8' 10'

It is truly a thing of beauty! I did keep the foul territories normal. Sadly, CF could not be as deep as the original. My home games are usually close. There might be 1 - 2 HR on both sides of the pitching is poor though mostly the park produces a lot of doubles and some triples for the speed demons.

Great forum community. Happy to be a part of it.

Updated Thursday, July 27 2017 @ 5:44:39 am PDT
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Great forum community. Happy to be a part of it.

One of the best I've ever seen. All it takes is a little respect for your fellow gamer.
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going to be running 12' walls of 325' - 370' - 400' - 370' - 325' and a 5 for foul territory -- basically the middle option for everything. Not tiny, not ginormous, and no monstrosity for a left field wall. I figure that's the closest I'm going to get for batter/pitcher neutrality.

Previous Page | Show All |