Help

Forum >> Help >> Meet the 1Bs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Tough cut. Nothing flat in that development graph. Could still be a nice player. Coud be a brief peak to the career tho.

I've seen way to many .650 OPS

That's fair.

Haven't checked your minors in ages. Last time I looked you had a lot of ... projects ... in the upper minors.

Possible we have different clientelle. .750 is fairly common in my system. Even Sims (who I suspect could be a truly awful offensive player) had .750 OPS in AAA as a low 80 SI 23 year old.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There may possibly be a small correlation between your success and your definition of below average ;)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
^^^ What Rock said... truth.

My below average hitters are guys who would have trouble getting hits anywhere but the worst pitchers of LL VI.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha!

Hard to attribute any success to the young guys coming through. .850 or .650 they all get humiliated by upper division pitching. After 3 Mendoza seasons some of them figure it out.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric7: Just looking at your top four, tough call. Jorgensen seems to do about equally well between righties and lefties. If I had to ditch, I'd probably go for one of Connelly or Burkhart.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@lostraven - I'm keeping my top four. Connelly and Burkhart will fill 1B, and Jorgensen and Miranda will come in there if injuries strike but will otherwise fill DH/LF. I'm more concerned with the guys in the minors and what to do with them.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric, I would cut:

Colon, West (SI gain is good, but build is inferior to others), Sanchez (less range than Kolb) unless you are short on OF prospects in which case I would move him to OF with Kolb

I would move:

Kolb to OF (I would play him in CF even with the low arm because of the logjam unless you have a better CF)

That will remove 4 prospects from 1B. You really should never accumulate as many as you did for one position. I stop placing claims past a certain point, unless it is a clear upgrade, in which case I drop the guy he is better than.

Updated Thursday, May 11 2017 @ 8:05:16 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Colon is gone, he was more for on-base and I really don't have a place for him, easy cut. I have a couple of roster spaces so West will stay for now, but he may well go - Anguaino too, we'll see.

Kolb is almost guaranteed to play OF but I've been training him for 1B purely for flexibility. I have just three OF prospects which is why I've been training Sanchez for OF.

Updated Thursday, May 11 2017 @ 3:35:05 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Bit of a necro, but thought it might be fun to revisit the first basemen.

Nava - Sharp came up and hit 2 HRs in his first 3 games. Gave us an excuse to send Nava packing. He landed in V, and has done ok in 70 ABs (nice RISP).

Sharp - as mentioned, had an immediate impact. All said, his batting line doesn't look great, but really encouraged by an HR every 20 ABs (small sample alert).

Markham - didn't put up great numbers in his first full season in AAA, but did add a nice chunk of SI. Still very high on him.

Saitō - was cut. Seems to be pursuing a career as a pinch runner.

Schuler - had a monster season in AA. Really should be in AAA with that SI.

Eaton - had a really nice season at AA. Still behind the age curve. But also still the future 1B.

Boyd - got injured in the spring, had an awful first season at AAA. But he's way ahead of the age curve. Still optimistic.

Taylor - thankfully his PD moved this season. Showed more basestealing ability. At some point its him or Boyd.

Langford - had a nice season. Really like him. Has me looking at Eaton trying to find some other spot for him so Langford can play 1st and win a dozen gold gloves.

Feller - I needed a roster spot, and was discouraged that he was still in rookie ball. Also don't like that his PD is so slothful. Deerfield picked him up, and he raked in R and A after getting promoted.

So cleaned up a little. 3 left the organization. Still some work to do tho. Likely to have a lot of open roster spots next season, so its possible all these guys will stick for a while.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Markham's OPS dropped because he changed up his swing. Maybe not a bad thing. If he can take that new GB/FB and start hitting the ball the way he did in previous years he could be a HR hitter yet.

Previous Page | Show All |