Help

Forum >> Help >> Promoting through minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Normally, I just stick with the recommendations with promotions. However, I promoted Dwayne Moore from ROOKIE to A; and Jonny Diamond from A to AA, using stats.

Moore: 96 games - .381/.434/.541
-He seems to be smashing it in rookie so does a promotion sound good.

Diamond: 74 games - .306/.374/.505
-He also played a lot of last year at A, so seems logical to move him up as he's smashing it.

Both players are doing well in training so does the level they play at make a difference?
Also 2 players: Angelo Brito (P) and Alfonso Madrigal (2b) promoted to majors this year have had BIG gains in SI. Would it benefit if I promoted more unseasoned youngsters to benefit similarly?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think conceptually level has more to do with maturity than performance.

They improve quicker (gain more training) if they are at the right level. The AI recommendations are not always correct, but would override them based on time considerations rather than performance.

Did Diamond promote that quickly from A to AA by AI recommendation, or by your doing? Usually I try to give guys at least 2 seasons per level unless the AI is bugging me to promote them. If the AI promoted him that quickly from A, then he is probably pretty close to getting the nod to AAA anyhow. I'd still wait for the nod (or at least 2 seasons).

Moore hasn't even played one full season in rookie yet. I would definitely send him back down.

Players gain Experience (and a little Training) in the majors. They gain a lot more Training in the minors. Your total SI is based on Training and Experience. If you pull them up too quickly they won't gain enough Training, and they will "stunt" before reaching their potential. They are going up quickly when you bring them up because they are gaining a bunch of Experience, but that is only half the equation.

sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks! Found a lot out that I didn't know.
AI recommended I bring 25 yo Madrigal and 23yo Brito to majors even though they are low in SI but their stats have still been growing.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
25 year olds are always recommended for Majors, doesn't matter how much training they have received. If they are underdeveloped, I ignore this recommendation and give them one more year in AAA, and then at 26 I either give them a shot at Majors or at the waiver system. I have three players like this right now.

Previous Page | Show All |