Help

Forum >> Help >> Should I Play Him In The Majors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Sneaky-Day

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I claimed Samuel Rowen and saw he had played only 37 games in AAA. I read somewhere if you call up a player at 25 and he doesn't have about 1-1.5 seasons in AAA, he could get stunted. I'm worried he'll get stunted if I don't place him in AAA and give him about a season in AAA.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd recommend leaving him in AAA this year.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he could use at least a full season in AAA. He has a history of very slow development, so don't be surprised if he only gains a couple points the rest of the year.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd go the opposite direction. His minors gains are low, so it's going to be the same rate of returns going forward (so 87ish tops by seasons end for his SI). He'll then have 26, 27, and 28 to get to full build.

I think he gains 23-24 SI in the majors if he comes up now and works through age 28 as a starter. So the question really becomes will you dedicate the next two seasons of full playing time to him, knowing he's going to be garbage. if the answer is no, he's just going to get 100-150 AB's off the bench, then keep him down. If you are rebuilding and don't care about losses, then go for it.
zimanable

North Bergen Polar Bears
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys, didn't want to start another discussion thread beacause I have the same problem.
So, I have this guy, http://brokenbat.org/player/144295
He was recommended to play in the Majors earlier this season and now the report says that "He seems a little overmatched at this level of competition." He has been doing great in terms of stats and I have big expectations of him. What should I do with him?

Updated Tuesday, April 4 2017 @ 7:57:08 pm PDT

Updated Tuesday, April 4 2017 @ 7:58:57 pm PDT
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
His minor league stats show that he has only ever played in AA. I would suggest putting him back to AA and seeing if it suggests AAA. I have never seen a AA player be recommended to play in the majors.
zimanable

North Bergen Polar Bears
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

His minor league stats show that he has only ever played in AA. I would suggest putting him back to AA and seeing if it suggests AAA. I have never seen a AA player be recommended to play in the majors.

Oh, my bad I guess... Looks like he's going to play in AAA from now on. Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |