Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys, my pitching sucks, yet I am an optimist seeing the potential in my staff. Any advice on how to handle my staff would be appreciated. Thanks.
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking over your pitching your right in that there is a lot of upside in your pitching staff and that they will get better as the season progresses.

That being said I would send Warren, Ureno and Pena back to AAA. Dispite having the "not much to learn at this level" tag attached to them they are all underdeveloped for the majors.

Berg can fill in for both Warren and Ureno as the long relief/Spot starter. Grab a vet to fill out the other spot off of waivers.

The other thing I would suggest is moving Mayer into the starting rotation. He is arguably your best pitcher and he is sitting at 8 ip compared to your #5 pitcher who has logged 37 ip. Your wasting his potential leaving him as your closer.

Updated Wednesday, March 22 2017 @ 12:59:36 pm PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd have kept Warren in the bigs and promoted Salmon too. When players "have learned all they can" you may as well promote them immediately, because they will gain almost nothing if left down.

Pitchers in particular can make huge gains when given regular IP in the majors. I'd pick one of those two to start and make the other your Long Relief guy - if the starter gets shelled then the game is probably lost anyway, so you may as well give them both a decent hook (anywhere from 7-9) and let them take their lumps.

And I'd cut Parks. Hasn't been good since 2028 and will just take innings away from your young guys, who need it far more. Its taking short terms losses for long term gains.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was considering Salmon because I need another LHP in the bullpen. I will be trying different pitchers as my 5th starter. I have had poor results using a 6 man rotation in the past. Does anybody think that could be useful to get experience for young starters Especially with interdivision play coming soon?

Previous Page | Show All |