Help

Forum >> Help >> Minors help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wait Li

Let's say I have someone who I drafted and has a lowercase and I want him to play that position. I can't just leave it blank or he wont play that position and not get training there?

Also. If I have a guy in minors who has an uppercase. Should then start to train him at another position as like a secondary position
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If it's blank, I'm honestly not sure what the game does. He'll get positional training SOMEWHERE I'm sure... most of it probably being at the listed position... though it's possible the game might spread it out more since you're not telling it to concentrate on a specific position.

I would set something to be on the safe side even if what you want IS the listed position.

If you get capitals, training a secondary position doesn't hurt. It's ultimately your call though. If there are no viable positions for that player to play, don't bother... but if there are alternatives you feel he's a good fit for, might as well.
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys, it really helps ! But now i was sorting my minors and checking their training and i see that none of them has raised the skill in range?!?! My question is, all the skills of a player are growing with training or some of them will never grow?
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Range and Arm don't grow like the other skills do since they're immediately scouted once you draft the player. eventually through scouting their numbers get "corrected" so your players may gain/lose 1-2 points in each of them.

Updated Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 6:58:14 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also speed. Speed, Range, and Arm come fully developed.
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow...thanks guys!...now it looks like i can easily cut all my minors....ok, almost all.....
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mar u got so lucky with ur team. I got the worst team in broken bat. I'm not kidding. We were last in the rankings
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well, it's just more challenging for you....
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
-Clay is a first baseman.
-Murakami is a third baseman.
-Esposito is a middle infielder. SS or 2B.
-Daniels is a RF or C
-Garcia is well positioned already as a 2B/LF.
-Barrazza is a good OF. Maybe cross train as SS in case his fielding becomes serviceable but without a fielding report that's iffy.
-Reinhardt is a RF/C
-Gomez is a marginal 2B or a LF.

I concentrated on your younger guys where you have more time to retrain for position.

Since there is a significant amount of position training beyond Caps, I would advocate for continuing to train a player at his position if he is properly positioned. Yes, I would select the position to train at even if it is his current position. No one is certain what happens if you do not select a position and it only takes a second to do. I like to train multiple positions where it makes sense but further position training at a position already with caps is not wasted.
As an example, I was typically cross training my left handers between 1B and OF but there are some of them that just don't make sense as 1B. My current rookie CF was one of those. I trained Campos as a 1B for awhile but then realized I was wasting valuable training time. Even though he was a Caps OF, he should have more training to do that I can't see and I was going to counting on him to play a crucial defensive position. Brett Ma was another guy I wasted time cross training at 1B. Ma is clearly a RF in my organization and if anything I should have cross trained him as a C, even though C seems to take the most time to learn.

Updated Tuesday, March 21 2017 @ 8:39:40 am PDT
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, mate!...i think right now all my minors are trained at a useful position, the problem is that i don't see any of my minors being great prospects for the future....i think i really need same luck at the draft from now on....

Previous Page | Show All |