Help

Forum >> Help >> Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I bumped all of my LRs and MRs up to neutral for fatigue for that very reason. I noticed that my guys wouldn't come in with light fatigue, and my starter would go long for no good reason. I'd suggest having it at least at neutral for your MRs and LRs.

Yep, did the same thing after figuring out that it could only be related to the fatigue limit setting I had.

Thanks guys for helping me figure out what had happened in that game.

---

Another unrelated question, is the player age connected to the amount of times they get injured and severity of the injury (i.e. older more prone to injuries and longer recoveries), or totally random?

Updated Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 12:59:51 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty sure its random. Although it has been conjectured that Fragility could be a hidden trait on players. But that is just conjecture. I am pretty sure age is not a factor.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Fragility could be a hidden trait on players
I'm pretty sure it is. My catcher hasn't gone longer than a week or so in two seasons without an injury.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Catchers get hit with more injuries, so using them as an example isn't reliable.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bruh I've never seen a topic on the help one go this long with this many posts
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi again guys. Have a doubt about something that happened (or didn't happened) on this game.

Top of the 7th Inning.

Devils SP reached his pitch count limit and gets yanked with bases loaded 1 out. Pitcher that came in was a pitcher that I have as SS, basically someone I have there to replace someone in case of injury, so far so good, I think both the LR's were tired, and the situation at that point did not called for MR or SM according to my settings.

Meanwhile he allows 4 runs (all unearned), finished that inning and came back for the 8th inning.

Where do I think something went wrong?

Ok, my settings for him are: Hook =7 (pitch count is irrelevant because he didn't got there.

And my setting for my Setup guys to come in are: 7 inning+ and run difference between -1 & +4. So shouldn't the Setup guys (one of them) come in when the SS gave up the 4 UER? By then the team was up by 3, so it fell under the settings I have for them to enter. But the SS came for the 8th allowed 4 more UER and still didn't get yanked!

What am I missing here, was it the fact that all runs that the Devils allowed were unearned?

PS: My MR settings also called for them to enter under that situation which they didn't. The only guy coming to the rescue was the closer in the 9th, ah! :)
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Only one run from his first inning is his; inherited runners don't count for him. Then, as painful as it was, the next inning again consisted of unearned runs. That means that with two out in the eighth he's given up five unearned runs plus the one current base runner and that equals six, which is still under his hook.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Only one run from his first inning is his; inherited runners don't count for him. Then, as painful as it was, the next inning again consisted of unearned runs. That means that with two out in the eighth he's given up five unearned runs plus the one current base runner and that equals six, which is still under his hook.

Good stuff, that makes sense. Thanks. Here's a follow up question.

Why did the closer come in the 9th under those same circumstances (6 (5UER+1BR) so under his hook that is 7) and the setup guys didn't come in on the 8th when he entered the inning with a 3 run lead?

Closer settings are: come in between 0 & 3 runs first inning 9th.
So it made perfect sense for him to come into the 9th to save the game. But it would of make sense (to me that is) that the Setup guy would of entered the 8th under his settings to hold the game.

Now I get that the pitcher settings that was on the game (the SS) never allowed the hook to trigger (nor was he close to reach his IP limit), so he wasn't pulled for the setup guy, or middle reliever. But why was he pulled for the closer then?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Save situations are specially checked in the engine. If it is a save opportunity and within your closer's earliest inning, the closer is automatically brought in. All other situations are triggered either by pitch count or hook. Setups will only be considered when the current pitcher is getting pulled.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Save situations are specially checked in the engine. If it is a save opportunity and within your closer's earliest inning, the closer is automatically brought in. All other situations are triggered either by pitch count or hook. Setups will only be considered when the current pitcher is getting pulled.

Yea, thought that could be the case, but wanted to check with someone who knows. Thanks again.

Updated Wednesday, April 12 2017 @ 6:41:23 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |