Help

Forum >> Help >> Need some help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
GK12303

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, I'm new and since I haven't gotten everything down entirely, was wondering if someone can look and my roster and see if I can make any adjustments.
Thanks in advance, would be really helpful
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The team isn't in bad shape but I think the first priority is definitely to get some pitching.

When you take over a team, there's a period where you're not allowed to cut players and at 49, you're really not in a position to add much but you'll be able to over time. So be patient.

There's no advantage to tanking in Broken bat. It doesn't affect your draft position or your ability to pick up free agents - that's all random. But over time, I'd really look to getting at least a couple of extra pitchers (get up to at least 10).

Page, Miranda, and Cisneros are all immediately replaceable. Pitching is hard to get but just keep at it and you'll get arms. Everyone in Free Agency has been cut by their former team so don't expect miracles. Fortunately, you don't need miracles to replace those three.

For pitchers, I personally tend to look for a guy with at least one good pitch rating (fastball, change of pace, or curveball/slider) and a control of at least 8. Everything else is negotiable - just get the best you can. Other people may have different opinions but that's why I look for.

Don't add a free agent until you can release someone - you need a spot for draft picks. That's more important than adding someone today.

JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking over your roster there aren't too many who are instant cuts.

Cuevas is the only real ML hitter who doesn't seem to have any sort of upside. Hopkins would be easily replaceable.

Only 4 of your pitchers have any real value, Canepa, Miranda, Page and Bass can all be upgraded by whats out there in free agency. Throw a whole heap of waiver claims out and see what comes out.

In the minors - Griffin has no value, and Alicea doesn't really have a space. I'd cut them both and use their roster spots for ML pitching.

A few suggestions for ML pitching upgrades with room to grow (all have some flaws but....):

Wen
Dubois
Horita
Bessho
GK12303

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the help guys, I added some pitching and got rid of Cisneros, Page, Miranda among others.

Updated Sunday, March 12 2017 @ 6:47:51 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |