Help

Forum >> Help >> sick of this crap   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
only played this game a few days and it seems every single match my team blows the lead in the 8th or 9th inning , its ridicolous , i know the hits are coming before they even happen.
Minnie Miñoso

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not much of a baseball guy, are you? A few days means nothing. Even the best players will have bad days. Having said that, I looked at your set up men and your closer. Your set up men are 32 and 33 years old, they are close to done. Your closer is only 29 and looks decent enough, so he's probably just having a bit of bad luck.
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well im not from the USA so i know the basics to intermediates of baseball, but this is pretty hard for me to take , ive managed my team pretty well and had the lead in every single match so far this league but ive blown the lead in the 4 losses i have in the 9th or 8th inning , its absolutely sickening. Ok i understand these guys are old but they are just capitulating. Thanks for the advice though i appreciate it and il try get soem younger guys if these oldies cant rectify their struggles.
Minnie Miñoso

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't get rid of them right away. Give them a few more chances. But yes, try to find better replacements for those two. Maybe even some of your other pitchers already on your roster. Give your closer at least half the season to straighten out. He should be good.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You need to look at your bullpen and perhaps make some changes. Of your loses, both Correa (LHP) and McCoy (Closer) have played major roles in two games each.

Correa is 34 and has a lifetime ERA of ~4.50. He may not be the best option at LHP anymore.

McCoy has a lifetime ERA of ~3.75, which is okay but not stellar. He's also left-handed, which means he may struggle in relief appearances against a lot of RH batters.

I suggest you move Correa into Long Relief and cut him if he continues to be shakey. Try McCoy at LHP with a low pitch count and hook. Search for a new closer, probably a Righty -- maybe start with Gotou.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Updated Thursday, February 21 2013 @ 9:45:18 pm PST
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok i took your advice and gotou made up for his previous choke jobs and blown saves with 2 big saves for me in the cup ,
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This isreally starting to fry my brains right now. I cannot buy a save for love nor money. Im convinced im not doing anything majorly wrong yet I keep getting blown up late but my opponents closers decide they are Mariano Rivera for a day. Im going to end up quitting because im spending so much on this team to only dominate matches but still lose. Frustrated is not the word
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bye

Previous Page | Show All |