Help

Forum >> Help >> spring training position question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
picked up a free agent last week who was listed as a catcher. Yet, each time he has come in as a replacement, it has been either at 3rd base, or left or right field. Why is this?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is not uncommon with replacements. He probably wasn't brought in as a defensive replacement, rather a pinch runner or pinch hitter.

BTW, looking at the guy, I wouldn't use him as a Catcher because his Arm is kind of low. A bit difficult to retrain him at his age, but his build is more suited to 3B or OF. He is a little behind in development, so he probably has time to learn another position. Of course he is also not the most spectacular player (a lot of SI in defensive skills, but not enough to be a SS).
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well, just goes to show how much of a judge of players I am. one more thing; if a pitcher is said to always be wild but still has good potential to be a starting pitcher with a great fastball, is he worth taking ahcnace on? Everyone here says not to take a player who's control will always be lacking. But how to determine between lacking control and a wild pitcher?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wild means even less control than Lacking. I generally stay away from those guys, but everyone has to choose their own strategy. If you were going to go with a Wild pitcher, Starter would be the safest place to put him. But I can't really recommend it.

Updated Sunday, March 5 2017 @ 4:29:49 pm PST
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll use a below average control pitcher if he has at least two or more very good skills.

http://brokenbat.org/player/104452

But I'd stay away from lacking, and wouldn't even glance at a wild.

Previous Page | Show All |