Help

Forum >> Help >> Release Restriction   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Brand new to the game , i have 50 players on my roster and i want to cut same , but it seems that i cannot do that because of the release restriction.
Can anyone explain me how it works?
Thanks!
P.S. also, if anyone has same general tips for me, i will really appreciated!!

Updated Monday, February 27 2017 @ 2:12:36 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You should be able to release some of the poorer players. But if the AI thinks they are good, you have to wait 30 days (from joining) before you can drop them. Unfortunately this usually means those 34/35 year old guys are protected for the first 30 days.
jaycarter

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would suggest moving down Martinez and Delgadillo back to the minors, where they are recommended. They aren't ready for the majors yet!

your team still looks pretty solid, although on the older side. I would try and find replacements as soon as you are able to release some of your older players. I also noticed you signed a bunch of rookies, IMO I would cut a couple of them and sign some AAA/Major league ready players for when you can cut your older players.

GL! :)
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys,
I would like to move Martinez and Delgadillo back to AAA but i don't have enough Major players. Should i look right away for two Majors to replace them , or should i replace them with same weak Minors. I'm a bit confuse.
And who should i try to cut first? If any old Major , i will not have enough Majors.....or maybe cut same Minors(which one??...) and bring in same Majors?
Really thanks for your help!
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just my opinion, you have signed too many guys for rookie ball. Go back through and cut about half of them.

If you need to sign a couple of aging vets to get your prospects back to the minors, do so. That is if you're planning to play awhile. Since you are in Division III, competition may be tough as you get a handle on your club. If the team has been successful, huge changes at the major league level may not be necessary. However the guy that had the team before you appears to have been a temp and he may have made some decisions you can't take back.

Definitely keep some roster spots available for waivers and drafts. I suggest adding quality, not quantity. All my opinion of course.
marinarul10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks a lot for your advice!!!

Previous Page | Show All |