Help

Forum >> Help >> financial question again   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
You'll know if your bankrupt. Your team will be taken from you. Your team enters bankruptcy after 3 successive weeks of being 10 million or more in debt.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the interim, i'll be a realist and say that your team was 2nd last season in the lowest level of play, and the chances of it making past D.IV any time soon are low. So with that in mind, anyone thats a mediocre performer and 30 or older really shouldn't be involved with your team, especially if they make money. Such players include

1) http://brokenbat.org/player/89818 - 1 mil salary, can find a similar bat and defense in FA at 500k.

2) http://brokenbat.org/player/80228 - 2 mil salary, your park is pitcher friendly due to wall height, so you should be able to easily replicate the performance shown.

3) http://brokenbat.org/player/84531 - 1.9 mil salary, same reason as 2. you should be able to replicate easily.

you have guys in the minors to fill out the pitching staff, so really outside of your veteran 1B you should be able to slash most of the costs.

Go out and become a talent farm and grab guys that are slightly behind in development and bring them in to play in the majors. scour the market for prospects that others signed and cut. Can go about .500 with 18-19m invested into salaries, that should be your goal.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well, I must not be bankrupt because I still have my team and I've been well-below negative one million for quite a while now.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Let's have a outside the box analysis:
a) Your main income is the ballpark, I checked and yours is fine, almost filled every match, you can go and add at least 2,000 more seats (being conservative) or 5,000 (being optimist), or leave it in this season.

b) Compare the numbers of the two previous financial seasons. And check what is the cause of the imbalance. If you are in red, but the team had a positive season, then let everything as it's.

b) Try reducing your principal expenses (two of then you can control), your ballpark and the salary of your players. You have a roster with 28 millions and are in VI, I have a roster with 31.45 and got promoted to IV. It's just trying to find the best players with the lower salary.

Go on a long term play with your academy, and only try to get players in the waivers if you think you can afford the salary.

And you are close to promotion, so stay tuned, keep a tidy eye on your finances, and you will bounce back soon.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I probably should have said "in the red" instead of bankrupt. You can't win waivers with a negative cash amount, but you can sign free agents up to 500k.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I mean if you have negative finances, how are you going to pay someone? Your only option is to sign minimum wage free agents, or wait until the season starts and ticket money rolls on in before you hit the waivers.

I remember first starting out being in the red, because I spent $$$ on players in order to compete while trying to rebuild my minors. Spending money was a bad move, I couldn't make enough to keep up the high payroll I had.

After that I found cheap but effective players on the waivers when I was in the black from my ticket sales and have managed to save up a nice sum, so in the future if I need to spend it I could.

I don't see your team doing much this season to be honest, so you could afford to wait a bit. I realize the best players are dropped during the end of season/off-season, but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Updated Friday, February 24 2017 @ 12:45:41 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I wouldn't stress to much about missing out on waivers. I haven't picked up anything significant this offseason. I actually think its a little easier to get steals off waivers after the season starts. Too many people paying attention to the waiver wire this time of the year.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have seen quite a few nice POT 12s sitting in FA though. A lot of the lower POT guys slip through because there are so many options to go through. So you can probably find some cheap young POT 12s with possible upside to fill out roles as needed.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And also so good old cheap guys around 32-34 that can do at least two seasons for bargains. If you maintain your 2nd-3rd league positions you can get visitors to your stadium, just keep an eye on the income/expenses and try to maintain it positive.

Cheap buddies with good skill set, is the key, as Rock777, can be pot 12, or older guys with lower salaries demands.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok, all. thanks to all of you for your input. I'll sure do my best to follow your suggestions. Good luck to you guys this season!

Previous Page | Show All |