Help

Forum >> Help >> Management Spring Training Page Pitch Count Limin   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks,

I was wondering if my experienced players sat during spring training if they would start season cold and "rusty". I guess then that that is not an issue. But I may play my starters some little bit just in case. :-)

amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've wondered about the effects of sitting senior players all spring, but I've had both hot and cold starts to seasons when sitting them, so I don't believe it actually has any effect. It might just seem that way!
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea is has seemed that way to me at the start of a couple seasons.

But maybe spring training had no effect.

One thing I just noticed is that all of players have their form set to "average" So I wonder if I do not play them in spring training if their form will remain "average" until the start of the season.

I am also going to note how many of my starters that I do give some spring training time start the season at "Hot" or "cold"

Should be interesting!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Form can be a bit misleading. This is not a predictive value. Rather it is based 100% on recent performance (AVE or ERA specifically). So yes, if they have not statistics because they haven't had any ABs, then the Form will stay average. As soon as they have their first at bat it will jump to hot or cold depending on if they got a hit.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Game 1 of spring and my pitch count was set to 80 but my starter threw 130 going the distance in a 13-0 shut out.

No idea why he never came out..

Anyone else have this issue?
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
strange...game two starter also goes the distance, blowing past his pitch count.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Have you fiddled with any of the default settings Freddy? I've had no issues here.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you have anyone set as a LR who can come in in blowouts? I haven't had any problems with my two blowout wins, one guy was pulled at his count, the other threw a CG in well under his limit.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You think that's it? It happened again in game three so maybe you are right. They were all blow out games.

I just changed from 2xLHR 2xRHR and 2x setup so now i have a mid and long reliever.

We'll see if that fixes the issue. I expect it will. Thanks guys.

edit: yep that was the problem!

Updated Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 3:54:12 pm PST
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Something like that happened to me as couple seasons ago. I made a mistake and set up my regular management settings for what I wanted in spring training by accident. And since my spring training management settings were different, I got wildly different results than I wanted. Other than something like that happening, I am not sure why pitch count limits would be ignored.

Updated Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 3:41:11 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |