Help

Forum >> Help >> Help cleaning up my minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Once again I need some help with minor league cuts.

Ramiro and Mata are both OF, I am leaning towards Ramiro, but I like Mata's arm.

Villa and Burch are both shortstops in my book. But Burch is younger, very good hitting and will more likely to reach his potential. But I dont like his range. Villa is better defensively, I think. Higher pot, he will have more power, and probably better bc, pd.

Also; would you give Alfonso a shot?

Updated Sunday, February 19 2017 @ 6:34:34 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The biggest issue with Mata is that he is still in AA at 25. If you keep him, I would promote him to AAA after the first update. Both of these guys look kind of average to me. I would probably go with the guy who is more of a mystery. At least Ramiro will hit the majors before he turns 25.

Villasenor will likely be a little late to the show, but he has a lot of upside. POT 13 SS is hard to build because so much SI needs to go into defensive skills. Burch's range is a bit lower than I would like for SS. Personally I don't mind keeping multiple SS prospects because it is such a difficult position to fill. I would keep them both. I'd train Burch in 3B (looks like you have been) as that will give him more utility in case Villasenor works out.

Alfonso has a few yellow/red flags (lefty, Velocity without Movement, a little old for rookie ball, below average control). Being a lefty starter isn't a deal breaker if his vLHB/vRHB ratio doesn't get to far out of whack. If his GB/FB ratio stays where it is, his lack of movement won't be an issue (note the low HR to IP ratio last season). If he promotes this year, than he won't be too far behind the age curve. Below Average Control is probably ok in the long run, especially if he is a starter. Overall, a lot of flags to watch, but decent upside. I would probably give him a shot.

Updated Sunday, February 19 2017 @ 8:15:00 am PST
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Rock. I like to gamble, so Ill give guys like Alfonso and Villasenor a shot and see how they develop. Yep, they both seem average, but I think Ill need one of them at of in one or two seasons. Did you suggest to keep Ramiro? An underdeveloped Mata wont produce a lot offensively.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I was suggesting Ramiro.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Have to agree with Rock, prefer Narvaez and like both Burch and Villasenor - nice to have two guys like that, I'd certainly keep both.

Alfonso I'd be wary of, but I have a couple of vets with control issues in Wood and Minoso who have done well for me.
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
True regarding Alfonso, amalric. I guess I am banking on him making 11-12 control with that message. He will probably end up with 10, but its a part of the gamble. Maybe he will reach 12. I also really dislike pitchers without any movement commet, bc of HRs. But he has already poped once in movement and sitting on a comfortable 7. Maybe he could reach 12+.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He should be 8-10 with that message, but you never know what he is going to be in reality. I've seen guys with 8-10 control perform pretty well.

Previous Page | Show All |