Help

Forum >> Help >> another question about financing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
someone here suggested I let go of four of my pitchers, Torres, Ibarra, Alvaro, and Penia. If I do that, i have virtually no pitching staff, bullpen, and limits starting rotation quite a bit. I would be doing this to help get my finances back in order. However, how should I replace these four and still have an adequate pitching staff for the next season?
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Without any context of how much you are losing each year, I can't really give you much feedback. Pitching is tough right now. I was lucky enough to inherit a team with over $60 million in the bank, so I was able to pick up some of the many high priced, but very good relief pitchers that are out there that helped me stay afloat and ultimately promote more quickly while I developed my young pitchers.

Ultimately, you need to develop your players, which involves a bit of luck on the draft and diligence in waivers to find the right guys (that goes for both hitters and pitchers).
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in the negative right now so i cannot sign anyone off of wavers or free agency so my only option is the draft then, I guess. I'm one million plus to the red!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
You should be able to sign minimum salary (500k) free agents. The best crop of those will be the ones that pass through waivers just after the season flip. Owners with more solid rosters will pass on many good players in hopes of winning one of the bigger fish. You should be well positioned to take advantage of that.

This is the best time to do a "deep dive" of the pool of available players that will open on waivers and bookmark ones you feel would help you and may be overlooked.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
so I should wait until after the season flip to look at the available free agents or start looking now, also what about age? Or should i only concentrate on those at the salary cap you mentioned?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Now would be the best time to look at who's out there and starting to identify guys you like. In your case, you'll have to keep an eye on their salaries as well and be prepared to check them again after the salaries are recalculated.

Try to find young vets of 25 or 26 years old who have some upside. Make sure to check their minors history to see if they completed all the normal stages of development and aren't "botched" or stunted. Look in particular for guys who have a positive hitting report and pitchers without control issues in their reports.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Alfaro is an easy cut, making $2.6M in LLVI and about to turn 34. Signing a $0.5M guy saves you $2M immediately. I'd probably replace all those old guys for cheaper pitchers, its the quickest way to turn your finances around.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Did you make or lose money this season?

Previous Page | Show All |