Help

Forum >> Help >> 15 Pot didn't gain alot of SI this year?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It may be.
But on a sidenote I did bring him up when the "system" reccommend. Not before and not after.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I kind of figured, which is why I didn't even look at the minors when I made my original post. We knew the system recommendations weren't perfect, unfortunate way to find out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just as an FYI, that can happen to players who don't miss any time in the minors as well. Take Byrd for instance.

I've had a lot of guys stall out after 2 years in the majors regardless of reaching their potential.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my experience, year 3 for SPs tend to be a bit rough, only gaining 0-1 SI... see what happens next year. I've had pitchers before that did this and then year 4, picked up another 3-4 SI before finally ceasing to grow.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've noticed this. The three SPs I've brought up (Bass, Johnson, Knepper) all stalled either midway through or at the end of their second season. I actually put Johnson back down to AAA for a couple of starts once I was eliminated from the cup to see if that would make a difference, but as yet nothing has changed. Bass stopped developing halfway through his second season then actually gained 1 SI this season, though he's still below the expected range for a 13 POT (Johnson and Knepper are within theirs).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you are lucky they gain a few more over the stretch. If you aren't lucky, they end up like Byrd.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
First, to talk about seasons is misleading, if not totally wrong, as we know for a fact Spring Training counts as Major League playing time.

Second, in my observation, it usually takes two seasons of ML playing time for players to develop fully

Third, Byrd has a Too old to improve much more. My understanding is it means he missed Minor League training.
I'm not saying they are promoted early. Maybe the "recommendation" is wrong. Dunno.

Forth, older player will not gain Minor league training quickly. Just a few weeks down aren't likely yo amount to one full point of skill improvement.

Look at my roster: Stephens gained 5 SI at age 27, in the minors!
As did Morrow and DeLuna at 29+
Prado kept earning points, crawling, every season

That's all minor league training, earned atca late age.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You are wrong on both accounts. Too old to improve means they are 29 or older. All players get that when they turn 29. It has nothing to do with their progress. He did not miss minor league time. In fact I left him in the minor even after he was recommended.

I've had a number of guys stall out after 2 season.

Updated Sunday, February 5 2017 @ 8:26:42 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually seems like most of my guys have this issue...

Russell is the latest to stall out after 2 seasons :(
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
same here,
same here...
Both were brought up when recommended.

Previous Page | Show All |