Help

Forum >> Help >> getting out of debt, how to do it   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
have done everything I know to do, short of just dumping my whole team and starting over, which i don't think is possible at this point. I've shrank the size of my park, only have twelve minor leaguers playing right now, don't anyone of my guys have a salary more than 1.5 million, if that, so what can i do? Somebody please help!
Hatleyville

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
- You have 9 guys at $1.5M or higher salary. Your total salary @ $37.75M is a little high, but not too bad for LL6. I would assume by looking at your avg attendance that you are probably close to breaking even on the season. If you were a healthy financial team, that team salary would be fine and you could absorb it.

- Now the question comes down to if you want to stay competitive (you are only 3 games back in your division) or if you want to get your finances on track, because if so, you need to make some cuts and your best players are your highest paid. They are all older though, so they won't be around too many more seasons anyway.

- My recommendation for cuts would be Torres, Alfaro, Pena, and Ibarra. That's $9M of relief. I would also think hard about cutting Hernandez and Baxter at the end of the season. They are great players for you, but are older and have a combined salary of $7M. Maybe that money could be better spent on getting your team younger and better down the road.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok, well I definitely want to stay competitive this season. However, when I do release the six players you speak of, what would be the max salary for replacements in total would you recommend?
Hatleyville

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just depends on what you're comfortable with. I currently have a pretty good total balance in my finances, so I am OK with my team salary breaking even or even going $1M-2M in either positive or negative direction each season. So for me in LL6 that usually means a total team salary range of $36M-39M.

Each team is different though, so you just kind of have to feel it out.

I do tend to stay away from any player that is +$3M salary unless they are a complete stud. It's just hard to absorb that at our level.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Either take 2-3 guys at 3m avg value or 6-8 at one mil average. Anything more at d.vi hurts. Talent on the market typically costs 2.5x of a guy that stays with you start to finish from development. There are exceptions to that, but that's why there are so many that rebuild the farm and use it. You'll find that to be most useful in long term promotion stints
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just a note that a lot depends on what you can bring into the gate... and I assume winning teams draw larger crowds.

The 1 season I spent in LL6, I had a team salary of about 33M but still made 7M profit largely due to a 34M ticket revenue in addition to the regular revenues.

If you're selling out the majority of your games, it means your stadium is too small and you're not maximizing revenue.

Previous Page | Show All |