Help

Forum >> Help >> Which one?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Simple question here:

I picked up Otera off of free agency about 5-6 days ago to aid my bullpen a little bit. Then, I was also fortunate enough to snag Peterson off of waivers. So far, my plan to stabilize my nightmarish pitching staff has worked suprisingly well (6 game winning streak and my staff only gave up 8 runs in this past 5 game series, which is pretty astonishing given that during my 17 game losing streak probably over 50 percent of the time they'd give up more than 8 in a game). We have a 6 game win streak rolling and (somehow) are only 4 back of the division leader (who is 50-50 haha).

Here is the issue: I simply cannot keep both Otera and Peterson for financial reasons. Coming into the season, I was hesitant to pick up Burch for financial reasons. Once I released him though, it became apparent I needed another arm. So, I can either keep Peterson, who has better ratings and, until this year, a better statistical record, but costs a whopping 6.5 mil, or I can keep Otera, who is probably closer to the end and has struggled the last two seasons, but costs 2.5 million less and has performed better in my little tryout I'm giving them. I have until the economic update on Friday to figure it out.

Right now, since this will most likely be a one season rental at most, I am definitely leaning towards Otera because he costs significantly less for only slightly lower ratings/statistical success. Also, (yes, in a small sample size) he has performed quite well for me in 10 innings with a 1.80 ERA and a 3.30 FIP. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Edit: Tomorrow is when I really find out how my new pitching strategy is working. We play the top team in the league in a five game set at home. I think if we can squeak out 2 or 3 wins, I will be confident that we are back in contention.

Updated Tuesday, January 24 2017 @ 7:27:00 pm PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Honestly, if you need them, I'd keep both for a couple/three weeks. We're not talking 10 million dollars....we're talking about a million an update, a portion of which you say you can afford.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd cut the more expensive one. Don't need two guys at that price point to improve fatigue issues. The idea is to find someone cheap to fill innings when games get out of hand. If you want to stabilize the pen with a veteran talent like you have it makes sense..... But defeats the purpose in some ways given you cut a vet for cost concerns

Previous Page | Show All |