Help

Forum >> Help >> The " He may have learned all he can" note...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just a quick question. I have two AAA prospects that got this note this week. If I put them on the major league roster, they'll be lucky to get at bats/innings pitched. If I'm fortunate enough to clinch the division early (or just implode for some reason), they might get some quality time at the end of the season but it's not likely for at least the next couple training weeks.

Thoughts? Better to hang out in AAA for another 2-3 weeks or just put them on the major league roster and let them pick up a random 40 AB/ 20 IP through the end of the season?

http://brokenbat.org/player/144065 is a 1B
http://brokenbat.org/player/123146 is the pitcher

Updated Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 9:29:55 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I see nothing wrong with leaving them in AAA for a few updates until you can get them some playing time.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking at their skills compared to their report, their time at AAA, and where they are at compared to players I have dealt with, I highly doubt they will gain any more skills in the minors especially given that message. Given their ages it wouldn't hurt them to leave them down, but it wouldn't help either in my estimation.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice!

Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The random ABs, however light, will at least get them some EXP which pushes them further to pops. Leaving them in the minors past that message, essentially does nothing for their growth.

The caveat is that there exists the belief that major league experience is limited to X amount of training updates. This means, the more you play during the updates they're present for, the more you get out of it. I don't know if this is actually true or not... but let's pretend for a second that it is. This would mean that if say 40 updates is all that counts and player A gets 3000 plate appearances (League + Cup) across 4 seasons/40 updates and player B only gets 300 PAs from his first 40 updates because he just played odd games as a backup... the theory goes that even if he were to play a full next season, he may hit the "not likely to improve anymore" status pretty soon before acquiring as many chances to play.

Now I've done 0 research on this, so I dunno if there's any truth in it. Hitting their cap may have more to do with age than how many updates they saw. I can't really say. It's just something to consider.

TLDR: The player is more likely to gain this season playing in the majors than stuck in AAA after hitting his minors cap... but could have sub-optimal majors gains if there's any truth behind the idea that experience only accumulates over a limited number of updates.

Previous Page | Show All |