Help

Forum >> Help >> How long...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do I have to wait for this guy
http://brokenbat.org/player/124046
To be ready for the majors? He is/has been progressing steadily throughout his career but holy crap!!!! One season at rookie, fine. Two full seasons at A, it's looking like two full seasons at AA. At this place he won't be major league ready until he's 28, ffs! Is this common?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Two seasons is pretty standard. Some guys take 3 seasons per level. Latin players are often behind on the curve and require extra time in the minors.

This guy is a little under developed, but he looks decent. After players turn 25, they are auto-recommended to the majors (notice the green arrow on your "Reassign Players" page. So you won't know when he should get promoted to AAA. Like you said, he might not be truly ready until he is 28, but then you are wasting a lot of time. As a POT 15, he can be a good player even if he ends up stunting a bit. I would promote him to AAA now. And leave him in AAA until at least next all star break. Maybe until the end of next year. Bring him up at 26/27 so you can get some benefit from him.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info. I knew that they were suggested for the majors when they turn 25 no matter what. But what I did not know was that if a 25 year old was so in the minors that they wouldn't be prompted for when to move up to the next level. It makes sense and I have no reason why I thought they would still prompt me to promote him, I just did. Maybe I'm not so smart as I thoughted. Thanks again.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he had already played AAA at least half a season, I'd have him in the majors already. He has good defensive skills and while he might initially be a weak bat, I usually don't care about a SS's bat. He could gain a lot in the majors as a regular starter.

Maybe leave him in AAA for the rest of this season, make sure he gets as much time in Spring Training next season as possible and start him in the majors from opening day 2031.

Or you could try him in the majors now. Your choice. I've called up players at far less development than that guy and they've done fine (but they were already in AAA prior to being 25)

Previous Page | Show All |