Help

Forum >> Help >> hi pot old minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys, I know there has been a lot of discussion lately about high pot guys which develop slowly.
I thought I'd share mine and my plan. Please feel free to criticize or make suggestions.

http://brokenbat.org/player/131360

So he's a 24yr old 16 pot, AA pitcher (second yearAA)
I plan to keep in AA this season, unless recommended to move up- hahahaha.
Then next year spend most or all in AAA (as he would be 25 and rec for majors) I may call him up to sub for any injured starters.
Then full call up,AFTER spring training age 26.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The Latin Curse strikes again!

I think you have the right idea, but I would leave him in AAA. Not back and forth.

Get his experience (major league training) by playing him in the spring. Then back down he goes.

Try to keep squeezing his minor league training until you notice he's not getting "bumps", then you'll know it's maxed and it's time to promote him...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@allen, I like your plan, it sounds like what I am doing with Rosa. Personally, with a guy making gains like he is and with 16 potential, I'd give him two full seasons at AA followed by at least one full season at AAA, but that would be an age 27 call up. I think he could max out given his gains, but if you call him up at 25 I doubt he will given he would still have ~40 SI to go at that point. It really is a discretionary call...
Carnival

Fresno Eagles
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
How important is experience in gameplay?

Is a 10 hitter with 9 exp, better than a 8 hitter with 2 experience?

And how fast do experience go up?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really, but there are LOTs of factors involved.

First off, two real 10s will be identical regardless of experience. Experience is what will make them gain SI, so a more experience player will have more skill.

Now, your players are actually on a scale more like 0-2000. And you only see a player "pop" a skill level when his 100ths value changes. So player with 951 Hitting and a player with 1049 Hitting will both show 10, but the second guy is really a whole point better. Also, both scout reports and ratings are fuzzy. They can be off. So a player showing 10, might actually be 9 for instance.

TL/DR experience doesn't add an extra factor to skill, but skill grows through experience. Skills shown are not always real skills.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@allen - thats exactly what I did with Chavarria last season which worked perfectly - he was recommended to go to AAA in the final update of his age 24 season though. I'm trying with Pardo this season and not have quite the same success so far, he wasn't recommended for AAA though but I only bought him up 2 updates ago to the majors

Updated Thursday, January 12 2017 @ 8:27:49 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |