Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Vols

Norman Aces
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
How far will this player develop since I am giving him regular playing time. Is it even worth it since he doesn't have a hitting report.
http://brokenbat.org/player/118916
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hitting would max at 12. Power will gain a few more (3 min) max is 14. But by that time he'll be 28yo and there's no guarantee he'll hit those.

He is a really good CF. So that has value in keeping the runners off base. But he's not someone that you can hang your hat on to carry your franchise from the offensive side of things. Maybe expect .230 12 HR someday? Plug him in CF and hit him 8th. He's your glove guy.

Miles in left, Aviles in center, Benson in right isn't too shabby!
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At his age?

Maybe... 2-3 more power, 3-4 more fielding and a point or so of hitting, BC, PD
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He's a tease, a classic "what if?" guy.

"What if" he'd been a righty? Then he'd have been an ideal SS/2B.
"What if" he had a hit report, instead of all those fielding and speed reports? Then he'd be a heart of the lineup player.

But he's neither of those things, is still playing AAA at 26 and won't be a quality regular until 28. Defensive substitute and pinch runner is about his ceiling, which is a pity. I'm done with no-hit guys unless they're 2B/SS, and even then I'd really have to be sold on them.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say he's more of a 14 POT guy than a 15. By that I mean he is 26 and "only" at 94 SI. Figure he gains 10 SI the next two years so's sitting at 114 and by 28 he will be slowing down his growth. Another 6 SI brings him to 120.

Now 120 SI ain't too shabby, but that's IF he grows according to this plan. But, you're in League VI and you can afford to play someone like him because - hey you never know.

As for what he actually is...he's a defensive oriented guy who is a lefty and has a lot of speed. On a good team he is probably a backup OF, but like I said you are in league VI so you might as well see what you have after at least a year. My guess would be you will see most of his training points being assigned to fielding, bat control, some towards PD and power.

Previous Page | Show All |