Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone a little more experienced than I am take a look at my pitching staff and offer some insight? Is my team just going through a rough patch or am I just grossly mismanaging my pitching staff? Because with the exception of one player doing well and a few having ok seasons, most are playing poorly and I'm losing my mind.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd just standardize your park next offseason and evaluate your team for what it is. Your park is geared towards giving up more runs than a neutral park, so it should benefit hitting on your team and on your opponents team. Once you understand what works in a neutral park by evaluating home performances on 80 games a season, you can convert your park into something that isn't straightforward.

Iglesias - No star skills. Just good all around, not a setup pitcher.

Kemp - I tend to think that the low control pitchers are better served for 6-7 inning outtings as starters. In the pen one bad inning makes a pitcher trash, in starting roles one inning where control gets away is 2-3 runs, that can be mitigated by other strong skills. This is at least a small reason why i think he was good as a starter.

Rotating your control issue guys into longer relief or starters and pushing for 3 starters into two strong relievers is probably going to be your best plan until you improve your talent levels. You're going to need to probably get a little lucky with some claims on guys that are in the 21-24 range, target some guys with movement/velocity comments, you're weak there and you won't be able to replace your veterans with the same level of talent.

Updated Monday, January 9 2017 @ 1:45:19 am PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think there's much wrong with your pitching beyond what Fury said. A team ERA of 3.98 isn't bad at all given what you have and where you play. I think your main issue here is defence, which I think we've covered before.

Conley and Nieves should be your catchers. De La Garza is fine in the OF, but Stanton to me is a cut. Bellan should be your everyday 2B over Quintana, because he'll be far the better fielder. I'd play Moffet at 3B despite the below-average Range and Arm. Cline will do for now at SS although he's better at 2B, and Fuentes is a cut. I'd play Quintanilla at 1B, no Range for the OF. Griffin would have made a solid defensive 3B or C but isn't much use now, and again no Range for OF. I'd make your outfield Quintana/De La Garza in LF, Griffiths in CF and Meeks in RF - Range is the most important factor for defense in the OF, and Arm if you can get it for CF and RF. Nothing else matters on that side.

But you really need to improve the hitting aspect of your batters - a .254 AVG in LLVI isn't good at all, especially in your ballpark. All those guys without even a "good" hit report will cost you, both now and (especially) in the future.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely be looking to improve the batting aspect and reset the ballpark to something more neutral.

Previous Page | Show All |