Help

Forum >> Help >> Waiver Players?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No. You can place claims as many as you want.
No. If you have capacity on your team, no limits on how many players you can get on 1 day.
You can find a result of claim that you win on Transaction page. It showed on Transaction Type "Waver Claim [n claims]" which n means number of claims that put on that player. i.e. see my Transaction page or yours and you can understand it easily if you read game manual. If you want to check player that you lose and want to find where he gone, you can bookmark him by click blue button that placed on right of players' ID. You can check/delete bookmarks on Tools tap.
Yes, you need at least 1 spot for get your waiver claim. if you already have 50 players at every 00:00 am, your claims will be disregarded.
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, I'll check that out.
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Though it's cautious to ask this question to beginners, I can't imagine why you release Max Day... I know there are 28 days for newcomers that can't release some players, but Day was seemed to get full potential on future and definitely your best pitch prospects on your team. It's hard to get similar prospects on Free Agent market.(You can see almost 20s claims are put on him, and I'm one of them too) Any P prospects on your minor or major are behind their development or have lower pot than Day.

You should think once more when release young prospects under 25, especially on pitchers due to their lack of BB world. You can find many threads or posts that how to judge good prospect or bad prospect by searching keywords on forum or some advice thread by other newcomers, or requesting advice on your team directly.

If you recognize that this is your mistake, don't be too disappointed. Every newcomers make their mistakes include me.(on my case, Carmelo Corona) Search forums carefully whatever you want to know, and don't be hesitate on questioning on forum. Almost 99% of BB players are kind of newcomers, or surely other all owners.

Updated Tuesday, January 3 2017 @ 5:31:18 am PST
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good Question! Recent performance was down.
As I relook at my players based on projected perf and current he looks much better.
First Lesson Learned - Immediate gratification is not a good characteristic for this game.
Thanks for your comments.

Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Even though Day has a decent scouting report, he was probably brought up to early, which was the previous owner of your teams fault. This hinders a players development and he may never reach full potential. He has only one season in the minors where he pitched well before being brought up with only 67 SI. If he was on my roster, he would be on the chopping block if I needed more room. As you get more experience with this game, you will see that not every scouting report is accurate.

Updated Tuesday, January 3 2017 @ 9:49:35 am PST
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Dan6176 Well, I also agree that scouting report is not always correct, and think Day is call-uped little early, but would it have any effects on future development? My knowledge is, if there are no "learned all he can" or "little overmatched" message, he can get full training by give him some ABs or innings.

And, nevertheless his early call-up, he gets 10s SI each year successfully and I think there are no problem to get his full potential that on SI 104-111. Some player stop his growth on Age 26, but that's rare case. And, pitcher can get more than that if he get full experience(My most is Arnold Webster, get 18 SI on 1 season). I've never seen who have message "too old to improvement" before 29 and also "doesn't have too much room" before 27. Could I request some examples that does not grow properly on simlilar case with Day?

Why I get little nervous on your apply is that I have (maybe?) similar case, Julius Martin. As you see, his minor career is awful(his successful last season is 2026 on A). But, AI recommend him to upper level very fast. Despite his low SI(72) and bad stats on AAA, he complete AAA on half-season and be recommended to major on age 21. We can't trace Day's AI-recommended level history, but there is possibility that Day is similar with Martin.

I know there are some debates on promoting AAA-completed low-SI young prospects, but I decide to promote him and give him a MR experience. And due to my experience on Webster, I'm starting to give a few SP experience to Martin.

I think he doesn't have any problems in his development now, but if you're right, he will get struggled on future... Have any idea? Other's opinion also be welcomed.

Updated Tuesday, January 3 2017 @ 10:30:55 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Day was probably not promoted too early. He doesn't have the "not ready for this level" message, so he was probably promoted at the right time. I have a similar guy in my majors right now. This is part of the reason why Steve has the release restrictions in place. To prevent new players from making too many serious errors with their team.

Updated Tuesday, January 3 2017 @ 11:11:34 am PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@sShadow - Martin looks to have been recommended at the appropriate time, and 82 SI is quite high for some pitcher promotions from what I have seen. He has a couple of issues though:-

1. He's a lefty who struggles against RH hitters, and the majority of hitters are righties.
2. He has a LOT of points tied up in Range and Arm, and may gain a few more points in Fielding, which means his actual pitching numbers (Velocity, CoS, Movement, etc) won't reach the levels you might otherwise expect of a 14 POT player. If he reaches his cap (119 SI) he might still be very good, but expectations should be less than that.
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric7 Yeah, I already know that problems. I treat him as 13 POT with average Rng/Arm, still can be suitable pitcher on major. Anyway his development is going properly, and expect him to our future SP3-4. Thanks for remind it to me.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
People over-rate the impact of defensive skills on SI. My closer has 47 points in defense. And even as a POT 13 he is still my best pitcher. I'd say his excessive amount is stamina is a bigger issue.

Strong L/R splits aren't always horrible. Normally I would use a guy like that for LHS, but with all that stamina you will be tempted to use him as a starter. I'd just play it by ear. After he develops he might dominate enough that it doesn't matter.

Previous Page | Show All |