Help

Forum >> Help >> Good attributes but poor performance in games?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
TL/DR - Humphries and Larsson are definite keepers. Harris is ok. Nomura is what he is. Kasamsun and Bagley are expendable.

Its a lot more fun to rebuild a team in bad shape, then try and preserve one that is in good shape ;)

Updated Monday, December 26 2016 @ 9:52:59 am PST
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe,ok but here rebuilding is really hard...or even impossible sometimes. Thank you for the review,mate!
So,usually when the player is young like 25,one should be patient.

Updated Monday, December 26 2016 @ 2:48:22 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, if their skills are still developing. The are going to pitch to their skills, so they usually do poorly when they first come up.

Just keep putting in waivers for young guys who look to be improvements in the future. Slowly over time your team will keep getting better and better.

Updated Monday, December 26 2016 @ 6:21:57 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If a player's attributes truly ARE good, then never jump the gun when you see poor performance.

I've had guys who hit .220/.260/.400 before the break and then end the season at .270/.320/.480.

You'll hear this time and time again but "sample size". Don't be fooled with it. You can never get an accurate assessment of a player based on a small number of appearances.

For every great hitter, you can find a period of time he went 1-20 and for every lousy one, you can find a 3-4 game. That doesn't really show who they are.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Its a lot more fun to rebuild a team in bad shape, then try and preserve one that is in good shape

I've had a blast taking a LL6 team that was historically bad and attempt to turn it into something! Just moved to LL5, and my team is stinking it up, but fun still. Love rebuilds.

Definitely be patient with young players, but also something that hasn't been mentioned, I don't think: be sure to also keep an eye out for a few key indicators even with youth. Are they simply not stealing bases despite a ++ Steal Selection and high Speed? Is the GB/FB for a hitter abysmally low over a period of time? Is a pitcher's GB/FB abysmally high over a period of time? Definitely be patient, but also look at some key indicators over time.

Updated Tuesday, December 27 2016 @ 11:42:11 am PST
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you guys! You always give great advice.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, a high GB/FB is really bad for a power hitter, but not necessarily bad for a low power guy.

A low GB/FB is pretty much always bad for a pitcher, but especially dangerous for Fastball pitchers.
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure about the last post by Rock as, to the best of my knowledge, admin has repeatedly denied pitch type having any effect on the outcome. Maybe you meant high velocity pitchers, who could be more affected by low gb/fb rates?

Or I am simply missing something
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, by Fastball I mean a guy with high velocity. To me they mean the same thing. A guy with high velocity is a fastball pitcher. Most of the pitchers in the game have a Fastball in their repertoire. The repertoire doesn't really mean anything to the best of my knowledge, so I pretty much ignore it, and forget about the pitches in there. Sorry for any confusion.

Updated Monday, January 2 2017 @ 3:32:07 pm PST
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok thx that's how I see it also

Previous Page | Show All |