Help

Forum >> Help >> Waivers and Run Differential   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JayJeffery

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was wondering what the deal is when I search the waivers and some guys show up as on the Waivers and most guys show up as still being signed to a team?

And is it possible to see somewhere when the player will be coming off of waivers and into the general free agent pool?

Another question. My team had a run differential of +159, the second best in the league, we went 89-71 this, which is decent but still we finished second to a team that had a RD much less than my own. Obviously, my guys were scoring a lot of runs but not at the right time. Is there a rating that controls if a player will perform well in pressure situations or not? or is this random chance?

Thanks!
Looking forward to next season!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You need to check the 'Free Agents Only' box on the Free Agent Search box.

Players come off waivers randomly to allow everyone a fair shot at signing them -- so there is no way of knowing exactly when. Players can be on waivers for up to a full week.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Another question. My team had a run differential of +159, the second best in the league, we went 89-71 this, which is decent but still we finished second to a team that had a RD much less than my own. Obviously, my guys were scoring a lot of runs but not at the right time. Is there a rating that controls if a player will perform well in pressure situations or not? or is this random chance?

There is no visible rating that controls if players perform well in pressure situations. It is mostly random chance and management settings.

Steve
JayJeffery

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks steve, I figured on the RD. and I know how to only select free agents, but as I'm sure you know they aren't nearly as good as the guys you get keepin' an eye on the waivers
JayJeffery

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also why are some players on the waivers listed as being on a team?
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
did you ceck Free Agent AND Waivers?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Also why are some players on the waivers listed as being on a team?

If you don't check 'Free Agents Only', then you'll get free agents, players on waivers and also players on various teams (essentially all players that fit the search parameters).

Steve
JayJeffery

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
okay, I understand about selecting free agents... I'm not tryin to sign right off I'm just seeing what is out there, bookmarking... you know. But why are players who are already signed listed on the waivers? They are not really on waivers? Am I misunderstanding waivers? I thought that when someone is released they go on the waivers for a week or so and then go into free agency? So why would it list players that are signed?

Thanks for all your help.

One more question along these lines. When the season is advanced do all guys on waivers go into free agency at the beginning of the season or does the randomness of when players go into free agency continued despite the advance to the next?

Not complaining, I agree with the way you do it to allow it to be fair, I'm just trying to get all the info I can so I can pounce on the players I need when free agency opens again!

Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |