Help

Forum >> Help >> Help on Majors/Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I am not exactly new to the game, but my team's farm was really poor when I took over, so, really, this is more or less the first batch of prospects ready for the majors. Some of them already have high SI's, but they would be major downgrades for my lineup at this point. Will they still significantly improve in AAA? Or let me ask it differently: how would you manage these guys?
http://brokenbat.org/player/124870
http://brokenbat.org/player/119245
http://brokenbat.org/player/120529
My strategy was to try to power through the first part of the season/cup and then cut some of the 33-34 year olds with higher salaries and give some playing time to these 3 guys, if I manage to be significantly ahead of the pack.

I would be interested in what others have to say about medium to long term strategy. I have a lot of older free-agent signees, but my wage bill is still very low; this gives me less of an incentive to cut older guys and play the youngsters, but will this really hurt their development?
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
promote em all, they have very little (if any) more SI to gain now that they already have the message of 'learned all they can at this level'

different opinions on cup matches, but I usually treat them as good opportunity to play youngsters. 20 games to play these guys and not have them affect your changes to promote to LL5. but others value cup games more than me I'm sure

if you have the $$ and roster room, I'd promote all three guys and sprinkle them in as much as you can while staying competitive. if you're not in the promotion race midway through the year, cut the old guys and play the youth. If you don't end up playing your youth much this season, they'll still gain more SI playing cup and random games in majors than sitting maxed out at AAA
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Have to agree with WizKid.

Layton to me is a potential leadoff guy, but he's a level 5 or 6 guy at best. Cantu is a borderline (at best) SS, and probably a borderline (but passable) 2B though he needs more games there. Newkirk is the pick of the bunch by some distance, and although you'd ideally want a better Arm there a great-hitting, base-stealing solid-fielder at 3B is a guy to put in the heart of your lineup.

You need to promote all three of these guys and I'd put them all into your lineup for the Cup games tonight, get them as much experience as possible. Once in the majors young guys need all the playing time they can get - its a painful process at times but the rewards can be huge.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like WizKid said, they will develop better in the majors as long as you can get them some playing time.
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the help, guys! I will take your advice and stick those guys at the end of my lineup tonight; hopefully I can still get some wins, I find that for a team as poorly ranked as mine, cup wins can provide a huge boost in ranking (when playing against better-ranked teams). Not sure how this translates into fan rating -> more attendance -> more revenue though

Updated Monday, December 19 2016 @ 10:00:09 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't feel like you have to play them. It depends on your approach to the cup. I always use the cup to train rookies (which of course keeps my rating down ;) ).
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I kind of try to keep a balance between performance and giving youngsters playing time. I went more youth-heavy this time given your advice, and hey:
Newkirk went 7 for 18 and I'm 4-0 :)... and I'm almost done with grading, so life is pretty good!

Previous Page | Show All |