Help

Forum >> Help >> cup or league   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is my 2nd full season just after having been promoted from DIV VI. Should I try and rest pitchers for the league to avoid relegation, much like I did last year to gain promotion, or play my best pitchers in the cup to try and advance at the expense of my position in the league?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is totally up to you. Every player sets their own goals. I never found a need to rest pitchers, but I use the Cup to get my rookies playing time. Other people focus on winning the Cup.
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To me, there is no right or wrong answer here. Last year I was just kind of playing along until I got deeper into the Cup rounds. Then I found myself wanting to win it.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I faced Edmond in the Cup finals - so went pretty deep. I played my rookie every cup round until the knockout rounds started. I mostly look at matchups so if I'm facing a League VI team or a lower end league V than I'll def. throw a prospect out there. Once the knockout rounds started though, I made sure my top 3 SP went out every game.

You don't need to be a "top" team to make it to the knockout section. I think 2-3 games over .500 puts you in decent position to advance and then it's game on from there (if you choose to actually compete with your best squad).

Previous Page | Show All |