Help

Forum >> Help >> Evaluate my manager?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/manager/1647

I think he's reached his potential. I think the Defense is worse than "below average" and his "good teaching of the game" is more like a blank. I'm unsatisfied with what this guy has turned out to be and am wondering what you guys think about him.

My team's defense is pretty good and I have management settings so that fore the most part, my starters aren't taken out which I feel negates his poor defense coaching. As for the teaching, there's no way around it and I don't know if I can blame this or not but I've had issues with prospects progressing slower than expected, and in some cases not reaching their potential. So should I continue rolling with him or get a new one?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd keep him around for now but only as long as it takes you to find a suitable replacement.

To me development is everything, and after trying a couple of managers I prioritised an "excellent" teaching manager. Obviously I'm some way from finding how he'll pan out, but it was important for me to get the best development guy I could without having a negative elsewhere, and I lucked into Martinez last preseason. I had more improvement in terms of SI gains across the board last season than I've ever had, so I feel its working.

There are a couple of excellent teachers among the new managers but they do come with other mixed traits. Obviously no-one is sure just how much managers affect anything in game, but I'm pretty confident they can have a very noticeable difference in development.

Previous Page | Show All |