Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training roster size   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I just started and have applied for several waiver wire pickups. Through various transactions, I am nearing the capacity of 50. Can you carry more than 50 through Spring Training before cutting down for the regular season? Also, is there a limit to how many waiver wire pickups you can be awarded in a given day?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The answer to both your questions is no. You can never carry more than 50, but there are unlimited transactions.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Your roster size, including the minors, has a year-round hard limit of fifty. During Spring Training, you can play any of your players regardless of what level of the organization they’re at, and it’s possible that doing so will train them up enough to have the game suggest putting them on the roster in the Majors, but you can’t have more than fifty players in the entire organization at any one time.

As for waivers, they’re only limited by how many players you still have room for and by luck. Same for free agents (though there’s less luck involved there).

…Also I started typing that response about five seconds before newtman finished his, apparently. Ninja’d…

Updated Thursday, December 8 2016 @ 8:53:42 pm PST
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you both for the insight!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
During spring training, you should probably start your youngsters, as they will get the most out of the playing time/experience.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |