Help

Forum >> Help >> Managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely true, occham. That is one of Broken Bats better traits along with the transparency between teams that sets it apart.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, as someone who started playing this game while in grad school, with a lot of student loan debt, the draw was that unlike the game I was coming from (GoalUnited) the game is not pay to win, or even pay at all. That virtue should never be overlooked by those of us who really couldn't afford to continuously dump money into an online game. The Christmas season and buying all the associated gifts is a nice time to reflect on some great things in life are actually free, and Steve has made BrokenBat one of those things by absorbing the costs. Thanks again Steve!
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 Newtman
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Managers are luck but if I cull through the lists, I can get a decent manager. The more times through that list, the more likely I am to find THE ONE!

This is part of what bugs me. Steve changed things previously saying it was to eliminate the need to spend countless hours going through lists of players in an effort to help the casual owner. This reverts back to the old way. At least with waivers everyone had a fair chance; this requires luck in timing, thus rewarding the owner who does nothing but sit and wait for the new managers to appear.

I may not have been clear in my several posts. I hate the new managers AND the process of obtaining them.

Updated Sunday, December 11 2016 @ 8:50:33 am PST
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW: +1 Newtman as well :)

Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 Newtman....
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, as someone who started playing this game while in grad school, with a lot of student loan debt, the draw was that unlike the game I was coming from (GoalUnited) the game is not pay to win, or even pay at all. That virtue should never be overlooked by those of us who really couldn't afford to continuously dump money into an online game. The Christmas season and buying all the associated gifts is a nice time to reflect on some great things in life are actually free, and Steve has made BrokenBat one of those things by absorbing the costs. Thanks again Steve!

No problem...was a graduate student myself (more than a few years ago now). Know what it like to survive on Ramen and donuts. Surprising, I was thinner on that diet than my current diet. :-(

Steve
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with occham about managers and ....+1 to newtman.

Not to mention that Steve pay attention to the suggestions made by players...as we can see.
I know many games online that you have to pay and the admin doesn't even care about his customers.

Updated Monday, December 12 2016 @ 1:02:08 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, that is a great logo you have there. Nice work, Den.
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you :)

Previous Page | Show All |