Help

Forum >> Help >> Going forward   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It looked like I was going to get demoted this season so I bit the bullet and cut my older players to allow my young, ready for majors but no experience players to start. A couple of them have no positional experience so a lot of errors which is to be expected.

Can someone have a look and advise on my plan and put me right if I've made any terrible mistakes :)
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't give your roster the complete look I'd like to on account of lack of time, but one thing stands out to me on a cursory look. Why not move Sellers to CF and start Greene at catcher? Seller's range is wasted there, and his scouting report would make him a slightly better defensive CF in my eye. You're not losing anything defensively at either position, then, IMO. Granted I didn't compare their offensive numbers, so there's probably a very good reason why Greene's riding the pine, but on the surface, Sellers is an OF to me.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sellers isn't very good, and I think he is training him up so that he has a backup catcher. He has better guys who can play in the OF. Still, Sellers isn't really a great prospect.

If you are solely trying to train up youngsters, I would get more in the mix and forget about guys who are already developed.

Salmon -> DH
Koch -> C (nice to get more OF innings, but at least he knows the position already)
Cattaneo -> CF
Steward -> LF

Updated Thursday, November 24 2016 @ 8:06:58 am PST
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice.

I've made 3 of the changes but I've kept Cattaneo at 2nd as he can be outstanding in the field.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that is a good way to do it.

Previous Page | Show All |