Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Problems?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Much like last year my pitching was excellent up till the all-star break especially my top end starters and my set up man. However since then my ace went from leading the league in ERA, WHIP and K's has given up a host of runs in his past starts. Does skipping a start or giving more rest beyond the full fatigue bar help with anything. Also any tips on my minors and lineup to build for future and now are much appreciated.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At the d.vi level I would simply say that you should aim to win as you are climbing,not at your peak. So building towards the future is probably the best. Stamina over the season doesn't really feel like it is that important, you just have slumps here and there. I'd think all you can really do is move guys around that are struggling. Getting from perhaps 3-4 people that are struggling down to 1-2 is how I try to approach it.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't panic too much. Maybe he's just run into some bad matchups? He's not a great pitcher by any means, I think what you see is just an "evening out" of what his numbers should be. I do feel for you because it's too late to bring anyone in, you just power through it.

But to answer your question, no. More rest won't help.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Assuming your Ace is the one you actually nicknamed "Ace", I'm going to say it's just a rough spell. Performance is somewhat variable and aligns with the real life perception of hot and cold streaks. Players seem to get hot or fall into slumps at times, but a small sample does not give a good picture of overall ability.

Moran is very good for your level and there's no reason why he shouldn't be tearing up hitting. He has two pitches (fastball, changeup) that have ratings over 14 as well as control also over 14. I would love to have another guy like that on my staff to help with my own pitching struggles, honestly.

I would be more concerned about the rest of or staff. I didn't see a single other starter that looked any good. See if you can win some claims when off-season comes on guys around Moran's skill level if possible. If he's your only quality pitcher, you're going to have tough times when he hits slumps and those will be felt hard. At least if you have another comparable guy or two, they can potentially pick up the slack.

Updated Thursday, November 17 2016 @ 3:29:30 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |