Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching prospects   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple of questions. First off, Imhad this nice prospect, Mays, and brought him through minors as suggested, brought him up when suggested, still he seems to be stunted, not having progresses for quite some time now. It would be a pity for I would have liked a couple control points more, and based on potential thought he would gain them.

Second. I have quite some prospects at Aaa, pitchers who could develop into starters. Problem is I fear I will get the recommendation to bring them up soon or early next year, but with the level they have they would get smashed...

Btw I have 2 prospects in the global top 20!!!
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One of my pitchers, Santos had his rookie season in 2024 at age 23. He had 87 SI. 2025, he jumped to 111. In 2026, he froze at 111. In 2027, he gained another 3 SI and that's where he sits now. This sounds a lot like your situation, so I say just stick with him and hope he gains his last few points over the rest of this season or next.

What you did in general should be fine as long as the pitcher is a starter, since starters gain SI like crazy in the majors. Another of my guys, Mata, started at 75 SI, went to 99, and then to 102 the following season. Or Falcon was 71->95->105.

I can understand the concern about them not being able to handle the hitting though... but both Santos and Mata were RotY pitchers so ya never know. It really comes down to whether your focus is winning now or developing players now to win later.

Several low SI pitchers all in your rotation at once would really suck though. It helps when it's only 1 or 2 at most.

Updated Monday, November 14 2016 @ 3:05:17 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mays is at 110 SI, the bottom end of a fully developed 14 potential is 112 SI. While his control is low, everything else appears to have hit the targets based on the scouting message. He could still pop a point of control at any point and thereby hit his fully developed target, or he may just be one of those guys who comes out a point short. Regardless, you didn't stunt him from the looks of it.

As for your AAA pitchers, all look to be on track to be where they need to be when they get the recommendations. I also don't see more than one or two getting the recommendation next season, because most were college picks and are only in their first season at AAA right now. Yes, they only spent one season at AA, but that was also their initial level which they typically spend less time at than the subsequent levels.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Some guys just never reach their potential regardless of you doing everything right. You are really only increasing your odds by doing everything right.

My pitcher Byrd for instance stunted well short of his potential despite following the AI recommendations precisely. I've had this happen to several players.
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks a lot

Previous Page | Show All |