Help

Forum >> Help >> Suggestions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does anyone have any suggestions for my team? Players are struggling and i'm not sure what moves to make.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You need some guys on base (OBP)!

I would consider Romero and Santana 1 & 2. Those guys are young so they need at-bats anyways.

Then maybe Sanchez and Cha to hit them over and hit them in.

I'd go ahead and play Brennan at C while you're at it.

Burns is a tremendous CF'er and that can't be overlooked, but his time is short and he'll never be more than a LL6 player. Still his defense provides great value. Hide him in the lineup at 7.

And start getting Aparicio some more at bats. Start him 9th so the guys at the top of the order have a chance to come up with a runner on.

Just my 2 cents...
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Santana is hitting .167
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Santana is just 23 and needs regular playing time, as do all the young guys you have, or they won't reach their potential. Santana is a 1B/DH type only though, not enough range for the OF. You have two main issues:-

1. You have too many hitters! If you have a full complement of 17 that means you're going to struggle to play them all unless you get stricken with injuries, and even then given your depth and flexibility you don't need all those guys. Burns has great defensive skills but he's 31 and hitting just .187, he needs to go. I'd cut Roberts too, not needed, and I'd move on from Richardson at C. Cha has lost about 100AB somewhere which you could have used as he's your best hitter, but you're not going to contend now in any case, but he's obviously not a cut candidate.

2. You need better OBP guys, but you need Plate Discipline for that and your roster is starved of it. Which means you're going to have to rely on hitting and power, which would fit with your small ballpark. Might be something to address going forward.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To continue the running theme here, your team is not hitting particularly well, and doesn't have great obp to back it up and manufacture base-runners for the power to knock in. You should strive to get a few batters who have the double dip of positive hitting and positive eye (probably looking north of 15 PD and 17-18 Hitting.

I'd specifically look at players that can improve your numbers against left handed pitchers. While they offer a lower percentage of the overall starters that you will face, they are as relevant or irrelevant as you make them. There are at least 3 players who shouldn't even be playing against lefties, and you have plenty of players on the roster to give opportunities to.

It doesn't help that your pen is just not able to hold onto the leads often enough too. You probably should be 4th right now if you get more consistent play out of the closer spot.

Previous Page | Show All |