Help

Forum >> Help >> When to promote minor league player ?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
matthew_fang

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
when do you promote a player from rookie to A, or A to AA ,... etc, and what is the consideration ?
and what happen if you leave a player over 25 yo staying in minor league? will he still gain the training ?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would pretty much just follow the AIs recommendation for most promotions. They can still gain training at 25 and some even older. It goes downhill pretty fast after 25 though. If a guy has more than one year in AAA they I would usually promote him once he is 26 at a minimum.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I follow what the game suggests. I had a P finally get suggested this year after spending a long time in the minors but he has pitched well and gain a lot of points his first year in the majors.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Players will receive training in the minors until they've hit their cap for how much minors training they can receive, regardless of age.

If they're under 25, the game is nice enough to tell you when they reach that cap. After they turn 25, it's a mystery, so you really hafta take you chances on when to promote.

I look at it this way: How much playing time will this guy get in the majors if you promote him? If he can start (or at least eat up lots of relief innings in the case of a pitcher), he'll be well-served calling up at 25 regardless. If you have no real room for him to get playing time and he would be a back-up at best, you should leave him down for a bit longer, because he'd likely grow better in the minors. A player has to actually play to get majors experience.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The only caveat I would throw on that is that players who don't have any AAA experience are pretty much guaranteed to stunt. So if you have a 25 or 26 year old guy who does't have at least one year in AAA, I would leave them in AAA.

Previous Page | Show All |