Help

Forum >> Help >> Scouting vs. potential?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Basically, which is a more reliable barometer? I've seen 11 POT players scouted as "good" potential, and 12 POT players scouted as "above average." Which should I really be believing, here?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless you hear from Steve, everyone's answer is merely a guess. Personally, I believe the overall numerical potential is what's important, not the descriptive word. Months ago someone else theorized that the verbage used is generated before the numbers. I was instantly converted and am a believer.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think they are both important. Suppose the verbiage in generated first. Then SI POTs are created based on the verbiage. Then you apply some fog of war by having some guys under or over rated (which is shown in their SI and possibly in their POT). I think an 11 POT with "good" potential is much more likely to be under rated and max out at the full extent of a POT 11, then a POT 11 with "above average" potential. In other words, it is entirely possible that a "good" POT 11 actually has more SI (and better hidden traits) than an "above average" POT 12.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Agrees with rock777 the verbage is a strong indicator. A player will max out at POT or exceed it.
like a below avg 11 might just make 89 SI
but a none comment will be 91 SI
above avg will be like 93 SI
a good will be 95 SI
a very good 11 will bust to a 12 POT
thats my thoughts
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It sort of depends...potential is a measure over projected value. But sometimes it can be misleading is accuracy and skill distribution may not always be optimal (ie. 1B with a great arm).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |