Help

Forum >> Help >> Advice?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bwadders76

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi All,

I know very little about baseball but always willing to learn.

Is there a mentoring system in place here? If not would anyone be willing to talk me through a lot about the game?

Please keep in mind that I am from England and only ever experienced baseball on the TV. A lot of the jargon is an alien language to me also so you will need to be patient with me I'm afraid.

Cheers

Carl

AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
try to start with baseball rules on wikipedia and then read the help section of broken bat. if you (still) have questions just ask them here and will get help for sure.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, let’s check out your team. It’s towards the end of the season and you’re 13 games out of 4th place with 36 games left. It’s unlikely you’re going to catch the 4th place teams, so you’re probably going to demote. Your finances look okay, but you might want to cut some salary (especially since your fate this season is pretty much determined ).

Let’s start by examining your pitching (click on the pitching tab). Currently you’ve got two starting pitchers with ERA’s in the 3’s (worth keeping) and three with ERA’s in the 5’s (hopefully you can do better). So you probably want to consider replacing the three pitchers giving up a lot of runs per game. Consider Eduardo Acevedo, he’s 34 yo, has a larger salary and has had a mediocre at best career. You can probably cut him and replace him with a younger, cheaper player. Jesse Foster is similar – he’s 33 yo and had a decent career out of the bullpen, but with Stamina 5, he’s probably not suited to be a starter. Because of his age and salary, I’d probably cut him. Finally, Jesus Murillo isn’t too old nor expensive, but his Stamina is low and hasn’t excelled in the starter role. I would probably consider moving him to long/middle relief.

In the bullpen, you’ve got Boyd and Chiba. They look pretty average, but have decent stamina. I might move them into the start rotation to replace Foster & Acevedo. Lui looks like he’s capable at LH Setup, but you probably need to drop his pitch count and hook so he’s not facing a lot of right handers. Watts is older and somewhat expensive and hasn’t really been effective in the closer role. I would probably cut him and maybe give Webster a shot (he’s young and might improve).

You don’t look like you’ve got a lot of minor league pitching ready for the majors. So if you cut some of these guys, you probably want to try to bring in a few free agent pitchers. I would look for younger pitchers with lower salaries and some potential. You can move them into middle relief roles and if they prove worthy, then move them into more significant roles (starter, closer etc.). Also, you might want to draft some college pitchers and maybe they’ll be ready to fill in some holes in a season or two.

Steve
bwadders76

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve,

I have had a few tips from nico over at RZA on my batting and fielding. I think I know the rules so hopefully I shouldn't be too bad next season.

Bwadders

PS.

I'll try to keep it down to 12 picks on RZA tonight

Previous Page | Show All |