Help

Forum >> Help >> Scouting vs Actual   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ace

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ted Robertson

Hopefully I linked that correctly... Ted Robertson if I did not.

Check this guy out. Scouting has "Control Below Average" but that number is a 12 currently which is above a control below average. Also, this guy was a POT 13 and jumped well into POT 14 with the last training update.

My Diamond in the rough find!! I would be curious to see others with players that did similar things.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've ssen players outperform their scouting reports, but that is rather significantly outperforming it. I'm curious whether he ends up playing up to these newly revealed skills, or whether his stats end up reflecting more of a 13 potential player. Might bookmark to check in from time to time.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Very nice pitcher!

That's the third guy (out of thousands) I've seen now that broke their scouting by more than 1 point. I'd estimate 3-5% of players seem to but their POT rating by a point or two, but its very rare to see the other ratings bust by more than 1 point.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Ted is 25 years old. I found juan orellana who is now 30years old and gained 10 in skills in a year. 15 in two seasons..
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@motko, that is because no one called him up to the majors before age 28, I will be in a similar boat as you with Schubert next season (only he will be 27 when I call him up). Orellana will likely gain a few more SI before starting to lose speed and/or range as early as this off-season. Great player who will unfortunately have a very short peak to his career.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a former rookie of the year 14 pot 118 SI is that rare?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope. POT 14 goes from 112 - 120 SI. 118 is in the normal range for a POT 14.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like he's going to be a good player...

Steve
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy is currently available on waivers. He's almost capped out (12 pot) and while his only scouting reports are outstanding fielding and above average potential it would appear that he's a good/very good hitter and above average slugger, too.

Ben Ford

Previous Page | Show All |