Help

Forum >> Help >> Why can't my team hit   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
calebapple

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I'm in the LL.6, and I'm doing terribly. I don't know why that is, as my roster isn't that bad. I'm hitting like .218 as a team though. Why is my team so bad in general, and why anyone hit?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You have a few guys doing well.

But you have a lot of bad batters. Guys like You Cai, Nicolás Quinones. When it says " He will never be a decent hitter", it really means it. Even a guy like Duskin with no scouting report is going to be a poor hitter.

You also have a quite a few young guys. Some of those guys will become good with time, but you have to live with rough performances. You just don't want to do that with guys who have no upside (like Cai or Quinones or Duskin). If Duskin could field well he might be ok at SS anyhow since defense is important in that position, but his fielding is only mediocre.

Barrera isn't ready for the majors. Give him one more year in AAA, and he might become a decent player eventually. Or you could find a better prospect. He is kind of borderline.

Shelton isn't ever going to be a very good hitter. Having both low PD and BC with only mediocre Hitting really drags him down.

Glenn is a good player. I would definitely keep him, but be aware that his low PD is going to drag your OBP down a bit. He should really be hitting 6th or 7th with that low PD. Maybe 5th for your team given your overall lack of power in the lineup.

Nash would have been better in the OF. He isn't a good enough fielder to play the infield. But he should become a decent hitter as he develops.

Same with Wooten, although he should be fine at 1B at least. Personally I don't like guys to have no scouting report on Hitting, but he might become a passable slugger given his other batting skills.

Mondragon isn't a good hitter, but he is probably you best SS option right now. A bit old to be training, but at least he has had ss for a while now.

Cline could develop into a decent hitter. A lot of these guys that look decent are POT 12s though. I'd try to find some POT 13 prospects for the OF. It is easier to find them for OF/1B than other positions (due to lower defensive requirements).

The rest look solid enough. Some will turn things around as we play more games.

calebapple

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I might as well just release my 3 bad hitters you mentioned and trying to get players with better potential off the waivers.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well depending on what you plan to do at SS, you might want to keep Cai around for defense in the short term until you get a better player. Or as your backup SS. He fills the role defensively at least. But he definitely will never help you offensively.

I think its pretty safe to cut the other two.

NM, I see you cut him already. Not a big deal, I'm sure you can find a better replacement pretty quickly.

Updated Wednesday, October 19 2016 @ 7:18:33 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |