Help

Forum >> Help >> Player fatigue & hot/cold   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've heard that players are most susceptible to injury and poor performance when tired. Just like real life, and that is awesome. My question is, how do you know someone is tired. It's fairly obvious with pitchers, it's right there. On non-pitchers it is a bit different. Is there a way to know? Is hot/cold related to faire? Do you have to just wait until they've played several games in a row and they're performance starts declining? Is it just guess work?

Also, what do you do with players who are cold? Is benching them the only way to get them back to average? I've had several players go cold so I bench them and they stay cold for weeks/months sometimes. In real life some players in a slump need to set a few games while others need to stay in the lineup and work through it. Is it the same here? Is there a way to know or is it trial and error?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Currently only pitcher have fatigue.

Hot/Cold is just a measure of recent performance. You don't break their streak by benching them. They just need to work out of it.
nojosdad5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What about the injury side. Do you find that NP get hurt at a higher rate the more tired they. Is there a way to find out how tired a NP is? Or do you have to use some common sense and give players a day or two off every once in a while? Does it even matter? I have a player Joe Hartman [ID #82918] who seems to get injured a good bit more than others, but usually only a few days. I thought it was because of his age, but I have a 27 yr old Kenith Wise [ID #118319] that does the same thing. Do some players have a greater tendency for injury? If so, how do you know?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
NPs don't have fatigue, so there is no way it could effect anything, and resting doesn't do anything. It is possible that injury proneness is a hidden trait on a player.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe that even though injury is suppose to be a random event, there probably is somewhat of a hidden trait for each player. I use to track injuries and found that certain players were more prone than others over many seasons and a few who actually had fewer injuries as they got older.

I do wish that Steve would add an injury log similar to the players transaction log that would show the date, type and duration of injury
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, this may change in the future.

Previous Page | Show All |