Help

Forum >> Help >> pinch players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am a bit confused. I have good outfield depth with depending on my lineup a speed guy and a hitting/power guy on my bench.
In variably, is seems the computer/manager will have the speed guy pinch HIT in a late game situation. He is rarely used for pinch Running, which is why I have him on my team(he has 19 speed and steals 50% of the time he gets on base.)
His SI is 100 and he frequently PH for a 106 with better offense. I would have little problem if the other 100 SI guy or the 99SI with 19 power hitter pinch hit.

Is there a way to tell the computer to only use him as a PR or defensive sub??
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ageda and Harvey?

Speed seems to be a huge factor. 8th inning plus, pinch hitting for my 2B I've seen my manager struggle with:

15-7-13-7-16 (Baez)
20-9-15-17-6 (Enriquez)

Both can play 2b. Manager always chooses Baez.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Pinch hitting is a lot more common than pinch running. How often do you see pinch running in real baseball? But pinch hitting happens multiple times each game (especially if it's a close game).

Steve
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So why doesn't the AI pick the better hitter?
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Steve
A little tongue-in cheek, but not really:
I live in KC, pinch running is how the bench players get to play... Either directly (Dyson / Gore) or by replacing those two after they've entered the game and done their job on the base path.

I guess I would expect Hit and Power to be more important than total SI or speed to decide who gets to pinch hit.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@seca
I see a trend: Baez SI>Enriquez SI
Yes Ageda is my speed guy.
I usually have available on my bench
Ageda - speed and fielding
Harvey - ok hitting, good fielder
Carr -hit power

I'll start carr if other guys are slumping or in small stadiums. He is more of a C build, but that's how I got him. I wish boyd played better in the outfield, but his numbers defensively are not pretty. Otherwise I'd put boyd in RF, drop Bentley and put carr at C. Opening a roster spot and save $1.3m

Updated Friday, October 14 2016 @ 6:20:35 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I do think it would be nice if we could have a few spots to list our preferred PHs versus lefties and righties. Just right at the bottom of the lineups.

Previous Page | Show All |