Help

Forum >> Help >> not quite understanding player management   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone please give me a rundown of how player management works, particularly in the area of the pitchers? I'm setting things like hook and number of innings to be pitched, along with number of pitches thrown and I'm still getting burned. For instance, I'm setting my run numbers for my starting pitchers to be a minimum of five runs to given up , after which they should be pulled, but that is not happening. They're being torched for six, seven, or eight runs before being replaced, sometimes not even then. I don't get this aspect of the game, even after I read that section of the manual.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It could be because your bullpen pitchers could be fatigued.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
First thing, make sure you don't have any of the RD values set. Leave them at the default (triangle). Then, make sure you have guys set to come in at a reasonable inning. If your starter gets torched in the 3rd inning and no one is allowed to come in, he will stay in. So make sure your LRs are always set to 1 for First inning. And don't set your MR too high (around 5 is good). I would also leave the Fatigue limits at the default for now until you get a better feel.

EDIT: you also should probably have two MRs. With only one MR and one LR they will get fatigued quickly and there won't be any one available if the starter gets torched. Maybe move your RHS to MR2?

Updated Tuesday, October 11 2016 @ 7:46:29 pm PDT
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have NO idea how much this thread helped.. yea, I'm that guy that forgot to update management after significantly shuffling around my pitching staff...

OOPS.

newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Happens to everyone at least once.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I still do it. Moved my LR guy to the rotation in consecutive games (different guy for each), and forgot to up their pitch counts in the management settings and both were pulled after reaching the 75 pitch minimum. I went 1-1 in those games, which was either really lucky or really unlucky, I'm not sure which. Didn't help, that's for sure!
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, what do you mean by default triangle when talking about RD? Also, what are the default fatigue limits you speak of? Remember, I'm the one who uses a screenreader so shapes and things like that don't mean a thing to me, the screenreader doesn't recognize them, only text.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless you changed them, the Smallest and Largest RD settings should be on the default. You can hit the "Reset to Defaults" button if you want to make sure they are the default, but then you will need to reset everything. The "triangle" default setting is the last option in the drop down.

The Fatigue Limit is the second option in the management settings. By settings are X, -, --, , +, and ++. The default is the blank space in the middle. If you leave it there, then it will use the default fatigue settings. The Fatigue Limit determines how fatigued a pitcher can be and still be considered to come into the game.

The options for pitchers from left to right are "Pitch Count", Fatigue Limit", "Hook", "First Inning", "Smallest RD", "Largest RD", and "Intentional Pass".

"Pitch Count" determines the max number of pitches you will let the guy pitch.

"Fatigue Limit" determines how fatigued the guy can be and still be picked to pitch.

"Hook" determines how many runs and hits he can give up before you hook him. Reference the manual for more information about hook.

"First Inning" is the first inning you will allow the guy to be brought into the game.

"Smallest RD" and "Largest RD" determine how large a run difference there can be and the pitcher still be considered (I'd leave this at the default setting).

"Intentional Pass" is whether or not you will allow the pitcher to intentionally walk batters.

Previous Page | Show All |