Help

Forum >> Help >> Crowded Outfield   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My OF is starting to get a little crowded at the major and upper minor league level, and I would like some opinions on what to do. Currently my starting OF is Velazquez at CF, Morris at RF, and Butler at LF, and Park as a 4th OF. In the minors I have a pair of 25 year olds in Carrillo and Yama*beep*a. I'm still (but slowly letting go of) holding onto the fantasy of Carrillo reaching his full potential, however I realize that probably won't happen.

With where Carrillo's skills are now i'm not too keen on bringing him up to start and if he isn't going to start he may as well stay in the minors. Yama*beep*a intrigues me. He is butler with 14 pot, an extra point in range and extra speed. I'm thinking he will be an improvement over butler and be the future starting LF.

Currently what i'm leaning towards is benching Butler, and promoting Yama*beep*a to starting LF within the week, and keeping Carrillo in the minors for the rest of the year. I'd interested in hearing others opinions!

Updated Saturday, October 8 2016 @ 7:13:53 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow. Yama*beep*a would have been a great 2B.

I don't really think it is that crowded. My 5th OF seems to get lots of playing time. OF injuries seem to come in pairs.

I would have a problem with Morris' defense in RF. More of a 1B/DH type IMO.

You are right to be a little pessimistic about Carrilo. There is risk. But the reward is significant. He doesn't need to fill out fully to be a great player. Think giving him another season in the minors is a good call. Then bring him up and hope for the best.

If roster spots are tight, I'd probably cut Park and bring up Yama*beep*a. But again, I carry 5 OF and have been thinking about adding a 6th.

Previous Page | Show All |