Help

Forum >> Help >> Great def prospect but a leftie   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great def profile on this draft pick but bummed that this guy is a leftie http://brokenbat.org/player/140198

Should I think about trainig him as a ss and dealing with the lh penalty? Or should I stick to the typical of/1b positions for lefties?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The thing is, even as a POT 15, his hitting will be a bit on the low side for an OF. He would probably be a decent CF, but you would be wasting his Fielding at CF. I like to have some fielding at CF, but Amazing is really too much. He will suffer from the penalty at SS, but if ever there was a guy built to absorb that penalty, it would be Velez.

I would probably go with him at SS, but CF isn't an unreasonable choice. He is only 16 right now, so you can probably train him up as a SS/CF. Just be careful about which one you choose to train first because this guy might end up getting the nod at 21. I'd train one up to full caps at least before training the other.

Another nice thing if you are able to get him SS/CF, he can play CF in the majors while his fielding is still growing. Then transfer to SS after he is close to his max. If you are going to go that route, I'd make sure he has extra SS training so he doesn't lose his SS while you are playing him in CF.

As a SS/CF you will have the option to use him in either place depending on what the rest of your personnel looks like :)

Updated Friday, October 7 2016 @ 9:08:06 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Reminds me of the Dino's Anderson.

I gave him 2B as a back up position in the minors, but he's never played a game there.

Fielding may be a bit overkill for OF, but I don't feel its wasted.

So my advice would be give him whatever second position you wish. When he gets to the majors, put him in CF and feel good about having your own Kevin Kiermaier.

Edit: hadn't noticed he doesn't have OF. That could take 4-5 seasons. Get OF b/f thinking about anything else.

Updated Friday, October 7 2016 @ 2:06:28 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |